TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

4 minutes ago, drum118 said:

It must left before I got there. 4061, 4170 & 4040 that I could see still have headlights. 4184 has no pole with a tow bar between it and 4053. 4123 has protection where the headlight used to be. 4024 is still tracking.

4061 has been scrapped a while ago. Maybe you meant another car number

On track 20: 4123, 4104, 4069, 4110, 4184, 4053, 4024.

4170 leads the line of cars on track 21, not stripped; and 4124 the rear. 4051 is the lead on track 22, and 4193 in the rear, with wires running out the rear window.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, christine said:

There's an area fenced off on track 21 and 22 where the overhead is gone

Isn't that for loading the old CLRV's onto flatbed trucks, so they don't hit the overhead? Though maybe it wasn't fenced off before.

Noticed 4051 is tracking on track 22 and 4024 in the carhouse. Haven't seen 4051 tracking for some weeks until today.

The cars as noted above are still in the same locations when I saw and shot them on Feb 22, other than 4024. No fencing there then.

4207 is also in the carhouse and tracking.

• Like 6

Last week I saw one being pushed by another around connaught and into the service bays, I was going too fast to get the numbers... they're still doing or dismantling stuff from them I guess. Maybe its harvesting parts for the preserved units.

All the cars are still on the same tracks at Russell with the cars on track 21 & 22 been pushed to the south end. As for the fencing, its a box area with stone barriers between track 20 & 21 with lumber in the area. 3 Flexity on Track 19, 2 on track 18 and one coming out of the carhouse heading to the south end. 4493 car on 19 said Pre-Serviced

Too far away to say what taking place in that box area

• Like 5

18 hours ago, drum118 said:

Too far away to say what taking place in that box area

From what I was told, that area was to be used for staging for the construction of a sound wall/barrier.

3 hours ago, D. DeLarge said:

A source mentioned they saw 4024 heading north on Guelph Line today, likely bound for HCRY. 

Fascinating. I know 4024 was in the carhouse on Thursday. It looked to be in good shape.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, D. DeLarge said:

A source mentioned they saw 4024 heading north on Guelph Line today, likely bound for HCRY. Did they pick up another car, or are storing another for someone else?

Can confirm it was on a flatbed today, seen at russel near 10 am.

Everything from what i could see, it was intact. 

• Like 4