Today's Sightings

On 6/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, Transit geek said:

Not sure if this is relevant here, but at 11:45 this morning I was in my car at McCowan @ McNicoll and saw 8183 (with LFLRV livery) heading westbound on Route 42 Cummer towards Finch Station.

Yes, any TTC vehicle sighting is relevant here.

TTC:

1149 On 38A To Rouge Hill GO Station

7828 On 16 To Warden Station

Brampton Transit/Zum:

0638! On 2 To Heart Lake Terminal

!-Hit an old man on a tipped-over scooter at sometime 3 o'clock this afternoon while bus was on Main St. between Clarence St. and Nanwood Dr.  Though I wasn't there to witness the accident, it was on the news.

TTC:

1069 On 38A To Rouge Hill GO Station

1657, 1709 Both on 85 To Meadowvale

1738 Broke down facing west on Sheppard Ave. East at least 400 metres west of Birchmount Rd.

1783 On 85A To Don Mills Station

<5471-5472-5475-5476= On Line 4 (Run 464) To Don Mills

=6141-6142-6145-6146> On Line 4 (Run 461) To Sheppard-Yonge

8636 On 25A To Steeles via Don Mills Station

=-Tail car

< or >-Lead car

An Orion VII NG in LRV livery was spotted heading eastbound on Kingston Rd east of Variety Village shortly after 3 pm today. I couldn't see the fleet number as first, there were trees in the very wide median blocking my way and second, the fleet number, both front and back, is much harder to see from longer distances in the new livery (and has become smaller and oddly placed as well - not friendly for transit spotters). White is much easier to see on a black background than on a red. All I could confirm that the route was 12A as only that branch goes past Variety Village. (I do wonder if transit tracker archives exact bus locations so I can rewind and confirm the identity of the vehicle.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

An Orion VII NG in LRV livery was spotted heading eastbound on Kingston Rd east of Variety Village shortly after 3 pm today. I couldn't see the fleet number as first, there were trees in the very wide median blocking my way and second, the fleet number, both front and back, is much harder to see from longer distances in the new livery (and has become smaller and oddly placed as well - not friendly for transit spotters). White is much easier to see on a black background than on a red. All I could confirm that the route was 12A as only that branch goes past Variety Village. (I do wonder if transit tracker archives exact bus locations so I can rewind and confirm the identity of the vehicle.)

Looks like its 8139, it's the only new livery bus that I know of currently on 12

Edited by 7879
forgot to specify details
  • Like 1

8170 (new livery) was doing the 7 Bathurst this evening. 

Heres 8183 on the 33 today:

TTC 8183

Also, not really sure if this is the right place for this, but I was traveling West by Pearson along the 401 at about noon, and saw the Flexity Freedom mockup BBD likes to bring to special events (it was headed East on a flat bed).

Edited by WMATAC40LF
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 9:16 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

Also, not really sure if this is the right place for this, but I was traveling West by Pearson along the 401 at about noon, and saw the Flexity Freedom mockup BBD likes to bring to special events (it was headed East on a flat bed).

It is at "Flavours of Fairbank" on Eglinton. I'm pretty sure the mock up is owned by Metrolinx and not Bombardier.