Today's Sightings

11 hours ago, Ed T. said:

One of the luggage-rack equipped 8000s deadheading westbound on the Gardiner around Roncesvalles at 6:30 AM.

These buses don't go out on overnight runs do they? Luggage racks and 320 service? :unsure:

Some 192 late evening runs do go onto 300A. They do a round trip and deadhead back to Queensway from Pearson if I'm not wrong. Maybe this bus was way off schedule and was told to deadhead back from Danforth & Warden. Gardiner-Lake Shore-Woodbine-Danforth Ave is the usual deadheading route between Queensway and Danforth & Warden.

3 hours ago, wil9402 said:

Some 192 late evening runs do go onto 300A. They do a round trip and deadhead back to Queensway from Pearson if I'm not wrong. Maybe this bus was way off schedule and was told to deadhead back from Danforth & Warden. Gardiner-Lake Shore-Woodbine-Danforth Ave is the usual deadheading route between Queensway and Danforth & Warden.

That sounds right. One round trip and returning at the airport around 4am.  Seeing one deadheading at 6am is quite unusual for a weekday but it could be doing overtime.

The 501 was diverting due to track work (http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/501_shw_sp.jsp). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this. Queensway is running the 501B daytime shuttle. One would notice there are more Novas out right now than on a usual weekend.

On 2017-04-22 at 8:16 PM, wil9402 said:

Okay, that makes sense, since the 192 would be at the airport anyway to start on 300.

On 2017-04-22 at 11:59 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

That sounds right. One round trip and returning at the airport around 4am.  Seeing one deadheading at 6am is quite unusual for a weekday but it could be doing overtime.

The 501 was diverting due to track work (http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/501_shw_sp.jsp). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this. Queensway is running the 501B daytime shuttle. One would notice there are more Novas out right now than on a usual weekend.

Well, it was 6:30 AM on Saturday. But it started as a weeknight. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Well, it was 6:30 AM on Saturday. But it started as a weeknight. :lol:

I don't think any 192 runs are scheduled at 6am on the 300A except Sunday morning where the become 192's later.

The 317 overnight shuttle was needed after 1am Friday might explain why it was out there.

2 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I don't think any 192 runs are scheduled at 6am on the 300A except Sunday morning where the become 192's later.

The 317 overnight shuttle was needed after 1am Friday might explain why it was out there.

Yeah, well, I did a double-take, and had to post about it, just for my curiosity. I'm not excited enough to warrant a Special Sightings post.

Brampton Transit/Zum:

1585 On 502 To Sandalwood

GO:

2531 On 96B (Trip 96340) To Finch Bus Terminal

2559Sked On 92 (Trip 92330) To Yorkdale Bus Terminal

Sked-Arrived at Scarborough Bus Terminal 12 minutes late 

Mi-Way:

0321 On 19 To Port Credit GO Station

1214Sked On 107 To Humber College North Campus via Transitway

Sked-Driver stopped the bus at Skymark Hub to clean the driver side windshield after a few bugs hit it on an earlier trip.

TTC:

8100, 7797 on 57 Midland

8162 is the last Birchmount run, ending its run at 0137

(Noted that this is the last day that Birchmount division is operating 57 Midland, transferring operations to Malvern division)

8616 on Line 3 Shuttle Bus

4405 on 509 Habourfront

1052 on 511 Bathurst Replacement Shuttle

4018 on 505 Dundas

• Like 1

Transit tracking website reporting that the 57 Midland is predominantly running with OG hybrids. I could only see one of the NGs in service on that route. Thinking that the dispatchers at Malvern is concentrating the NGs on routes out of Scarborough Centre of which Midland isn't one of them so they're dumping the older vehicles there. Similar case with 39 Finch East which I have also observed using the OGs more than the NGs, if not the Artics deployed on 53 & 85.