New Flyer Xcelsior

Halifax_Route10

hmmm interesting.. normal type windows... i thought the "frameless" ones were standard... any more pics from the other forum?

Wow.... Ya. It looks ok with normal windows, but you can see the depression in the body work where the frameless windows should fit in. It also has the side impact skirts along the bottom.

Looking Sharp!!!

hmmm interesting.. normal type windows... i thought the "frameless" ones were standard... any more pics from the other forum?

Frameless windows are indeed standard, but harder to maintain. It's a tough sell to transit agencies to go with the frameless window, even if it does look a lot better and the bus was designed for it.

Is the Diesel version of the Xcelsior going to have the roof rails like the hybrid or is it going to have a flat roof?

IIRC, they should all have the rails, as the AC unit is not particularily pretty. The whole point of the Xcelsior's rails was to hide all the roof components, including the new AC. We'll be able to tell for sure soon, as Brampton is supposed to be taking delivery of 30 diesel Xcelsiors this winter/spring.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I give you, one of the first XN40's in service:

Can I just say that the see-through emergency exits are awesome?

These are not the first XN40's in service. CATA Bus beat you to it, lol. Check 'em out: http://thatssostate....e-new-cata-bus/ . In fact, one of their's has already been involved in a major accident... LOL.

Great video though.

Does anyone know what the HVAC system setup is like for the XN40's? I know that most of the other Xcelsiors have front-roof mounted HVAC systems but after watching the video, the bus has no big vent in the front of the interior. They do have vents however on the very back wall, which is where most of the EPA regulatory HVAC systems were put.

Does anyone know what the HVAC system setup is like for the XN40's? I know that most of the other Xcelsiors have front-roof mounted HVAC systems but after watching the video, the bus has no big vent in the front of the interior. They do have vents however on the very back wall, which is where most of the EPA regulatory HVAC systems were put.

Its in the back of the of the bus, like a C40LF/LFR, the tanks are on the top, so there's no space on top

I give you, one of the first XN40's in service:

Can I just say that the see-through emergency exits are awesome?

I can agree with you there! :)

• 4 weeks later...