Info bus and etc

Tom1122

I recently discovered the former TTC Info-bus on Highway 11 north of Orillia. For those who don't know what the Info-bus is the TTC converted the info bus from an older fishbowl and renumbered it 0015. After TTC retired it, it was donated to the CTHF. I last saw the Info-bus in 2000 at the GO Transit garage in Newmarket. I have included 2 photos of it.

Can anyone tell me more about the Info-bus and when it was retired. And why the TTC didn't make a new Info-bus to replace it with?

Also, I wonder what will happen with TTC 8257 and the other CTHF owned buses at the Timmins Transit garage now that David is gone.

0015_1_.jpg

0015_2_.jpg

I recently discovered the former TTC Info-bus on Highway 11 north of Orillia. For those who don't know what the Info-bus is the TTC converted the info bus from an older fishbowl and renumbered it 0015. After TTC retired it, it was donated to the CTHF. I last saw the Info-bus in 2000 at the GO Transit garage in Newmarket. I have included 2 photos of it.

Can anyone tell me more about the Info-bus and when it was retired. And why the TTC didn't make a new Info-bus to replace it with?

Also, I wonder what will happen with TTC 8257 and the other CTHF owned buses at the Timmins Transit garage now that David is gone.

That bus brings back a lot of memories. I did'nt know it still existed. Last time I saw it was at old Eglinton garage.

Is that the bus as it appears now? If so I must say it's in better shape than I thought it would be.

Those photos were taken in 2000. Since then the bus has lost the two white "bumps" (for the lack of a better word) on the roof (unless they are inside the bus.) I'll have to examine the bus more closely next time I go up to my cottage.

Those photos were taken in 2000. Since then the bus has lost the two white "bumps" (for the lack of a better word) on the roof (unless they are inside the bus.) I'll have to examine the bus more closely next time I go up to my cottage.

Thats the AC :rolleyes:

Oh man, now a days you can't even get that close to Newmarket GO Garage without somebody hounding you (from what I've been told). The whole garage is fenced off with wooden fencing in areas that allow the garage to be easily visible from public areas, along with video surveillance notices at the enterance. :rolleyes:

Cool photos, looks like it's in amazing condition still! :lol:

What? Why would you send a retired bus to Queensway?

Basically my thoughts. I can't imagine what the TTC would do with a retired fishbowl if they're currently trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

Yah, I know. I'm being a jerk.

• 2 months later...

On Monday, I saw the Info-bus again while on my way to my cottage. Besides the A/C units on the roof, the bus is missing its front bumper. I have attached two photos of the bus showing how it looks today. Compare that to the photos taken 8 years ago.

0015_2008a.JPG

0015_2008b.JPG

How far of a drive is it to get to these buses from Toronto? km? Hours? I would love to see this bus and take some pictures of it. BTW is 8257 being stored at the same place with the info bus? If not then where is 8257 being stored?

Thanks,

greekguy1326

If it is north of the Webers joint, its about 2-3 hours north of Toronto, depending on traffic. That location is north of Barrie.

• 3 weeks later...

The Info Bus is looking bad! Who ever owns that bus should take better care of it or donate/sell the bus to an individual or organization that will take care of it properly. This bus should be preserved. If only I had land I would be more than happy to purchase this bus and give it a proper home in TORONTO where it belongs!!!

The Info Bus is looking bad! Who ever owns that bus should take better care of it or donate/sell the bus to an individual or organization that will take care of it properly. This bus should be preserved. If only I had land I would be more than happy to purchase this bus and give it a proper home in TORONTO where it belongs!!!

Why should it be preserved?

It has been badly mutilated from it's passenger service days and resembles nothing else that ever operated in the fleet. It has virtually no historical value whatsoever in its current configuration.

Dan

the CTHF does own it, but the cthf doesnt do anything with their buses really except let them rot, they had go 1122 and just scrapped it because it was falling apart,i wouldnt be supprised if 8257 and the info bus have the the same fate....

Don't know why they take the vehicles and then let them rot. Maybe lack of indoor space, maybe lack of money, etc,. who knows. Point is, even the scrappers is a better fate than where they are now.