Info bus and etc

Tom1122

the CTHF does own it, but the cthf doesnt do anything with their buses really except let them rot, they had go 1122 and just scrapped it because it was falling apart,i wouldnt be supprised if 8257 and the info bus have the the same fate....

That's about to change. They've secured storage space from Brampton Transit, and buses are reportedly going to be moved there within the next year. That is why I am joining the organization.

I think it should be preserved because others such as myself would argue that it has some historical value. To my knowledge this Info Bus is the only TTC fishbowl bus made into an info bus and since there weren't any other Info Buses, it makes thus bus unique. To me anything unique should be preserved.

I think it should be preversed because others such as myself would argue that it has some historical value. To my knowledge this Info Bus is the only TTC fishbowl bus made into an info bus and since there weren't any other Info Buses, it makes this bus unique. To me anything unique should be preserved.

I'd rather see a bus preserved that represents an entire fleet as it was, rather than a one off bastardization, as is the case with the Info Bus.

If it was operable... you couldn't even use for a fan trip!

What it could be good for, however, is for mobile displays, although, I can't see that happening in the CTHF future anytime soon, and a regular bus could do the same thing anyway.

• 1 year later...

It's unfortunate that the very people who are often best able to maintain and preserve a "historical" transit vehicle have little or no interest in doing so. These are the actual transit agencies themselves but for some reason a 40 ft x 102" space in a garage somewhere is too much of a commodity to "waste" on storage of something old.

Any individual who acquired an old bus is immediately at a huge disadvantage lacking parts, knowledge, storage and a hoist, among other things. The CTHF may be a group but I'm not sure they were/are in a much better position than an ambitious individual who just bought an old bus and parked it in his backyard with the dream of keeping it going for years to come. When you don't use your car for a few weeks there is still a good chance you could get it to run fairly easily. Buses seem to be different, especially when they sit outside.

Maybe if transit companies were staffed with more people who actually appreciated or were interested in the vehicles and their preservation there would be more older buses around, held by the municipalities that owned them. The reality is that most people who have a hobby don't do it for a living, for any number of reasons. Just imagine if Steve Munro was the head of service planning at the TTC and not a computer guy at a school board...

I've heard from Kevin that 8257 is going to Manitoba where it will be restored to operation. At least its future looks bright.

...it's gotta wear shades :P

great news. I missed out on the ttc's d800's.

Maybe if transit companies were staffed with more people who actually appreciated or were interested in the vehicles and their preservation there would be more older buses around, held by the municipalities that owned them.

This is why I wish I lived in NYC. They take pride in their system. Unlike good ol apathetic Toronto.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...

I hate to unearth old topics, but new light has been shed on an old bus. The bus under the tarp is the initial subject of this topic haha.

image.thumb.png.6a6ae0089d86fec86a9ff76fdea2f217.png

Apparently, I’ve heard that 8257 is sadly no more as well. If there’s a source to confirm this claim, I would gladly appreciate it

• Like 1