Today's Special Sightings

3 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

Visual Sighting
TTC 3721 (New Flyer E-bus) on 61 Avenue Road North

5E505D70-0E7C-4C64-BBE0-53A303DBBD5A.jpeg

That’s why I saw the bus pull into the layover area just north of the terminal when I was about to start my trip out to Renforth Stn

On 7/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, bus_7246 said:

TTC 8039 was on the 13 Avenue Rd yesterday evening, but sported the original 5 signage since it hadn’t received a destination sign update yet

I thought with VISION they could update all the buses wirelessly and should have been done before each board period. Buses shouldn't have fallen through the cracks now. 

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I thought with VISION they could update all the buses wirelessly and should have been done before each board period. Buses shouldn't have fallen through the cracks now. 

If you take a look at our board signup process for operators, I think that should explain how up-to-date we are lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

That has nothing to do with vision. 

TTC employees would understand the joke behind my comment

But referring to the comment, the past practice was to manually update the system at the garage. This was ongoing when I was still in maintenance back in 2018. As of present, I’m not sure that all buses have their signs updated to the present destination sign code list effective June 20, 2021. I hopped on an artic on the 29 that was displaying the 29C exposure which hasn’t been seen since at least the end of the April board I think (I forgot the bus in question, but I think it was one of the Malvern buses). 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

But referring to the comment, the past practice was to manually update the system at the garage. This was ongoing when I was still in maintenance back in 2018. As of present, I’m not sure that all buses have their signs updated to the present destination sign code list effective June 20, 2021. I hopped on an artic on the 29 that was displaying the 29C exposure which hasn’t been seen since at least the end of the April board I think (I forgot the bus in question, but I think it was one of the Malvern buses). 

The destination signs are still updated manually.

Back to the main topic:

TTC 8195 was drafted to help out on the 26 Dupont this morning. I saw it going eastbound at roughly 9:40a

2 more notable mentions:

8046 is helping out on the 935 Jane Express, while 3227 is aiding service on the 35 Jane

and another one:

7979 is also helping out on the 35 Jane

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Unidentified TTC Orion 7 heading south on Yonge Street from Highway 7 just before 3:00 pm today.

This would probably either be 8189 or 8346. They were chartered for the police funeral in Thornhill. 

GO 2574 was also in attendance. 

Also YRT 808 this evening disabled SB Yonge South of cummer, Front right Tire blown

16 hours ago, Token Dispenser said:

This would probably either be 8189 or 8346. They were chartered for the police funeral in Thornhill. 

GO 2574 was also in attendance. 

Also YRT 808 this evening disabled SB Yonge South of cummer, Front right Tire blown

In that case it would have been 8346 as it had something on the roof.

I saw 8189 (or another 8100) today at the police funeral.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, bus_7246 said:

I do understand the joke behind it, but I wouldn't put the blame for having ancient way of doing sign up solely on TTC.