Today's Special Sightings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On September 17, 2016 at 9:21 AM, leylandvictory2 said:

The arrow driver is most likely doing a crew called order as directed.  Meaning the driver can be put on any surface route.  If the arrow driver is indeed doing ot he had to use the bus from birch mount.

Not true at all. Operators doing overtime are allowed to keep the bus they are driving if they are supposed to run the bus into the garage after their shift anyways. Makes more sense to keep the op in the same bus then to have them take theirs back to the division, get in their car to drive to another division to take another bus out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎16 at 4:13 PM, TTC 8058 said:

Spotted the ex-ttc orion v 9424.  Good to see that it is getting some use.  Now it sits on Norfinch between steeles and finch. Spotted it from hwy 400, it was behind some building. :D

looking on google Maps where the location of 9424 was and I found these!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7577809,-79.5284053,3a,75y,24.6h,84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjHJLqP58o-TiPqv90oCXGA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Are the Belka Buses still there????

15 hours ago, ttcbusdude said:

Yesterday, I spotted 1086 with passengers on doing training on 16 McCowan.

The operator was wearing a TTC vest. :)

On Tuesday I saw 1086 signed into Training Bus and it was idling on Triton facing McCowan. I don't think there were any riders inside, just the trainee and instructor.

58 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

131 is the final road exam for operaters.  I did 131 5 years ago.  If you are in the Westend, you do the 108 downsview I think 

For the final road exam do you pick up riders?

18 minutes ago, RevEleven said:

Caught an Orion VII taking a detour on the 86D going down Homestead Rd. :o

the diversion will continue until Sunday I think.  The City is doing some major watermain work on Manse road.  The diversion used to make the buses to go all the way to Morningside and Coronation Road.  

1 hour ago, dayone said:

On Tuesday I saw 1086 signed into Training Bus and it was idling on Triton facing McCowan. I don't think there were any riders inside, just the trainee and instructor.

For the final road exam do you pick up riders?

yes you do.  

4 hours ago, RevEleven said:

Caught an Orion VII taking a detour on the 86D going down Homestead Rd. :o

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

the diversion will continue until Sunday I think.  The City is doing some major watermain work on Manse road.  The diversion used to make the buses to go all the way to Morningside and Coronation Road.  

They are building new town homes on the west side of Manse Rd at Hainford St, where Heron Park Public School used to be. As a result, they have closed Manse Rd there for about 3 weeks now in order to connect the new development to the watermain underneath Manse Rd. Seeing as how they started a week late and it looks like they are still working I wouldn't be surprised if the closure continues into next week. Also, I personally have never seen 86D use the Morningside detour that is posted on the TTC's website, they've been using Homestead since day 1.

At first it depends on the supervisor.  On the day I drove 86D on spareboard, they told me to go straight on Cornation Street until I hit Morningside.  I guess passengers are complaining so they rerouted to Homestead instead.  

Even the ttc website said the bus will go all the way to Morningside

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/86_waterservice.jsp