Today's Special Sightings

Dunno if this has been reported; I saw a pre-Downsview subway map on one of the racks above one of the middle doors on 5830. It had the downsview sticker placed on top of the northern portion of the Spadina line but most of the sticker was ripped off.

7248 was on the 46 today, been a while since that happened.

Also, 7308 was on the 7 today. At first I was happy since I got something very rare, but then again I was pissed because I have enough D40LF's to moan over at Queensway, and any other Wilson bus is better than a D40LF.

I asked the driver what that bus was doing on the route as it was Wilson's and he said that the bus was supposed to be going to Hillcrest but that Transit Control asked him to do three runs on the 7. He seemed kind of p/oed that I was bothering him, so I left it at that. Is it routine to see buses do runs on the 7 before visiting Hillcrest and shouldn't some mechanic at Queensway have driven 7308 there, instead of a driver?

8716 displaying 77A

i saw that 2, 2 bad, my camera wasn't ready to take it =(

Today Sightings:

YRT

77:610 (Front display not working)

88:314,614

99: 611-613 (The driver of 611 stop and wrote down my Driving Plate Number!!! <_< )

91A:615

NIS: 101

p.s: 617 on 2 (not sure) ; Finally got all new D40 pictures except for 618..... any one know is it in service yet??

TTC:

53: 2333, 2360, 2365

60E: 7926 wraps "Visitmexico" ads

7926-02%20(Small).JPG

314%20(Small).JPG

p.s: 617 on 2 (not sure) ; Finally got all new D40 pictures except for 618..... any one know is it in service yet??

I'm pretty sure it was 617 on 2 as 616 was in the yard for most of the day today. as for 618 I haven't even seen it at the shop or in the yard yet (mind you I have not been by the shop in a few days). Perhaps a late comer??

Today Sightings:

YRT

77:610 (Front display not working)

88:314,614

99: 611-613 (The driver of 611 stop and wrote down my Driving Plate Number!!! <_< )

91A:615

NIS: 101

TTC:

53: 2333, 2360, 2365

60E: 7926 wraps "Visitmexico" ads

7926-02%20(Small).JPG

314%20(Small).JPG

314 looks strange without the yrt logo on the front :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was 617 on 2 as 616 was in the yard for most of the day today. as for 618 I haven't even seen it at the shop or in the yard yet (mind you I have not been by the shop in a few days). Perhaps a late comer??

Thx for your news... <_<

314 looks strange without the yrt logo on the front :lol:

yeah, first time i saw it , i thought it was 06's d40

First time on Orion VII 7511 with the Automated Station Anouncer, on the 34 Eglinton East. The bus announced every single stop, does this bus have GPS (Global Positioning System)? Also on the front of the near the driver side, the stop would lit up as the bus approached the stop. I noticed that not alot of people pay attention to the automated station anouncer.... waste of money? What about those passengers who are deaf?

First time on Orion VII 7511 with the Automated Station Anouncer, on the 34 Eglinton East. The bus announced every single stop, does this bus have GPS (Global Positioning System)? Also on the front of the near the driver side, the stop would lit up as the bus approached the stop. I noticed that not alot of people pay attention to the automated station anouncer.... waste of money? What about those passengers who are deaf?

Yes it does have GPS. 7500-7519 are testing the automated annoucements, some of those 20 buses have LED signs that display the stop name, IIRC 7514 and 7516 are two of them.

Also, 7308 was on the 7 today. At first I was happy since I got something very rare, but then again I was pissed because I have enough D40LF's to moan over at Queensway, and any other Wilson bus is better than a D40LF.

I asked the driver what that bus was doing on the route as it was Wilson's and he said that the bus was supposed to be going to Hillcrest but that Transit Control asked him to do three runs on the 7. He seemed kind of p/oed that I was bothering him, so I left it at that. Is it routine to see buses do runs on the 7 before visiting Hillcrest and shouldn't some mechanic at Queensway have driven 7308 there, instead of a driver?

Just to follow up, 7308 is back at Queensway, it was on the 44 today.

Yes it does have GPS. 7500-7519 are testing the automated annoucements, some of those 20 buses have LED signs that display the stop name, IIRC 7514 and 7516 are two of them.

Maybe I should ride 11 Bayview when I have plenty time to kill. It's not that far away from my home.

7903 on 196B and 7926 on 98 have Mexico tourism wrap on back and sides.

Thought all 20 of them have the LEDs, it was reported a while back.