Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

On 09/01/2018 at 8:54 PM, Meraki said:

I want to see this picture now. Back in December 2016 when it first launched I left feedback that the diagram didn't include Waterfront as a connection point, it should go from Cambie/Hastings to Waterfront, then Burrard. Plus add signage in the Canada Line station that you can catch the 95 out the South exit.

Their response was "Thank you for your suggestions about the new SkyTrain, B-Line and SeaBus Network diagram.  We see your point, and will add this to our list of design considerations for the next time we update this diagram."

I didn't expect anything to actually come of it, so curious how it turned out.

11 hours ago, Marlow1331 said:

Im sure you still have the picture? 

26697080_10215020279843103_1167794704_n.thumb.jpg.8915be68dc0ef85c7ba25d996d1b59c6.jpg

The reason I deleted the post with the picture is because that post I made involved me misunderstanding the map. So I figured that it would be better if I deleted the post since there was no good reason to keep the post.

16 hours ago, Express691 said:

While passing by on a WB 100 Trapp trip, I saw what looked like former IC shuttles sitting at Burnaby Repo.

Burnaby Repo is selling them off right now. It's even noted in the wiki. I know that one has already been sold to the accent inn in Richmond and is running as an airport shuttle. WC Remarketing, the company that helps TransLink sell its buses to reseller like Burnaby Repo, currently has a bunch of 2007-08 GMC and 2011-12 Chevy shuttles in their lot by the Canada Line OMC, so expect to see those popping up at Burnaby Repo later this year! (They will usually post them on Craigslist)

On 1/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, Express691 said:

All 3 elevators at metrotown station somehow managed to be out of service simultaneously at some point this evening.

They've never had a standard for elevator/escalator models up to even the latest things placed in, so I can imagine the pain and heads exploding. They haven't been able to deal with the existing headache of models and parts inventories, whatever has been put in Metrotown will probably just make things worse.

Something weird just happened on the train I'm on. M-Line train to Comm-Bway just hit the breaks hard coming in to Lake City Way. The train was about 1/3 into the platform. A few people lost their balance and either almost  fell over or managed to grab a handrail. Aftert 30 seconds the train inched forwards completely into the station. Then it idled for a minute or two while a SkyTrain attendant came onboard and looked around and wrote a few things down in his notepad

Anyone know why so many E40LF's are out of service? With the amount of diesel's covering trolley runs is their enough spares to cover or are some routes being short changed? 2168 has been out of service since May 4th & 2547 since May 31st. Any idea what the status of these two are?

4 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Anyone know why so many E40LF's are out of service? With the amount of diesel's covering trolley runs is their enough spares to cover or are some routes being short changed?

It could also have to deal with the matter of bunching. While trolleys may be able to pass other vehicles on the road, they can't pass each other... at least, not without dewiring.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Anyone know why so many E40LF's are out of service? With the amount of diesel's covering trolley runs is their enough spares to cover or are some routes being short changed? 2168 has been out of service since May 4th & 2547 since May 31st. Any idea what the status of these two are?

2547 is in the shops for repairs

This could fall under T-Comm E-Sightings, but I did see it with my own eyes, soooo...

I didn't realize until this morning that there is an AM tripper out of STC that does one round each on the C87 and C86 Ladner shuttle routes. I was a little bit surprised this morning as I was leaving Ladner Exchange to spot 7474 turning off of eastbound Ladner Trunk onto Harvest coming into Ladner Exchange on the C86!

1 hour ago, MCW Metrobus said:

This could fall under T-Comm E-Sightings, but I did see it with my own eyes, soooo...

I didn't realize until this morning that there is an AM tripper out of STC that does one round each on the C87 and C86 Ladner shuttle routes. I was a little bit surprised this morning as I was leaving Ladner Exchange to spot 7474 turning off of eastbound Ladner Trunk onto Harvest coming into Ladner Exchange on the C86!

Yup, that's been going on for years now - I first rode it in spring 2016, but I remember it from a while before that. It's the AM equivalent of the 606/C87 school block that RTC operates in the afternoons

25 minutes ago, translink said:

Spotted this dude walking around Bridgeport today shooting stuff with a Nikon.  Anyone know if he’s on here or not?

Why wouldn't you just go up and ask them instead of taking their photo and posting their image online? It's kind of a creepy and lazy strategy you're employing here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2