TTC Nova Bus Fleet Refurbs & Retirements Tracking

32 minutes ago, Orion V said:

So you're saying the 2017+ LFSes have another type of door or they are newer so you don't notice this draft?

Like what Bus Medic said, the design is different. The end result however, is that the amount of draft which comes into the bus has been greatly reduced. It's still there but not really noticeable, we'll see if this holds as the buses age.

The bigger issue is the overall design of the door which doesn't allow for them to be flushed closed completely (ie: in the way that they are with Xcelciors and Orions which have a similar door design- with the exception of the rear). I honestly dont know how this bus has gone unscathed without significant revisions throughout it's history (asides from the rear engine mount change, and heating/cooling system changes).

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, J. Boic said:

Heard from some of the guys at Harvey shops that they are looking at repairing 9003, but needs a donor bus for parts.

I've heard that a few NovaBuses are parked near Harvey with parts missing. They look like they've been there a little while. 9003's gonna be tough considering multiple parts that were not involved in the crash were harvested. 

• Like 2

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, 7575 said:

I've heard that a few NovaBuses are parked near Harvey with parts missing. They look like they've been there a little while. 9003's gonna be tough considering multiple parts that were not involved in the crash were harvested. 

As long as they can get the front section of an articulated unit, anything is possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7575 said:

As mentioned before, 9003 is there missing most of the top of the rear.  An old paint nova is also there, completely stripped. I am assuming this is 8573.

9128 was also there not sure for repairs or rebuild. There was also several new paint novas. One of them was xx32 and another was 920x. There was also another that might have been missing some decals. There was also a few others, but the fences, 9128, 8573 and a work truck were blocking my view of the others

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 7575 said:

I'm pretty sure 8832 is the unit at Hillcrest. I'm gonna make a trip out to Hillcrest soon. 3332 is at Hillcrest too. Does anyone here work at Hillcrest?

Upon looking at my photos again, it appears that the xx32 bus has an external camera, so it's most likely 3332.

I am also confirming that a 862x, I think 8620 is parked beside 8573.

It also appears that 9128 in rebuild, or is waiting for repairs. No longer tracks with 9125, possibly in the same situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1