BYD Battery Electric Bus Demo (2017)

Express691

6 hours ago, MAX BRT said:

It looks good. Definitely reminds me of a New Flyer LFR, although New Flyer has never had that roofline on a bus, AFAIK.

Agreed... I do wonder what type of destination display it has though... the rendering / formatting of the fonts is really out of proportion to me...

I also seem to think someone in the decal department messed up when applying fleet numbers onto the bus... like... why is the front number black on medium blue while the rear number is white on lime green?

2 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Please, please don't run this thread off into rants about rooflines...

Please cut him some slack. The account is not controlled by the same person that was spamming on all the active Vancouver threads about:

• Xcelsiors are incomplete without full rooflines
  • Xcelsiors artics must remain in Richmond while the older artics can go climb hills

I personally think that talking about bus styling, visuals, and aesthetics is fine, as long as it involves other users and is not repetitive or used to further one's agenda.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

Please cut him some slack. The account is not controlled by the same person that was spamming on all the active Vancouver threads about:

• Xcelsiors artics must remain in Richmond while the older artics can go climb hills

I personally think that talking about bus styling, visuals, and aesthetics is fine, as long as it involves other users and is not repetitive or used to further one's agenda.

Agreed, there was nothing wrong with that post. I agree it looks similar to an LFR.

That user is gone, so now odds are it's either a normal post mentioning a detail (as that post was) or a sarcastic throwback. :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

1 hour ago, Meraki said:

That user is gone, so now odds are it's either a normal post mentioning a detail (as that post was) or a sarcastic throwback. :P

*Chekov voice* I vas making leetle joke, sair.

• Like 2

It was on a 14 UBC when I saw it at UBC Trolley Loop this noon. It then went NIS after unloading and headed north without layover at the new (temporary) diesel loop. I missed the best chance to take a picture by maybe 30 seconds...

3 hours ago, brzyski said:

It was on a 14 UBC when I saw it at UBC Trolley Loop this noon. It then went NIS after unloading and headed north without layover at the new (temporary) diesel loop. I missed the best chance to take a picture by maybe 30 seconds...

I was at UBC yesterday and I was gonna take the 14, it was on the 14 but I missed it by seconds and I got really pissed lol