TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

7 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

Speaking of which, on the weekend I saw 4094 with it’s pole down and no longer tracking, but now it is again tracking. I saw the wires out the back windows as well. What are those wires for anyways? 

The unanimous ‘wire’ that you all have been crying about that hangs out of the window is actually an air line for the pneumatic system to fill the air reservoir to easily move cars on the street (in the case of a failed air compressor) or in the yard

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Do the 501 weekend cars have the farewell wrap on them? Maybe they're dedicated to that service so they don't go out on the weekdays? There are enough for spares for 511 without the "501 weekend" cars.

That’s an idea I had and I think it’s very possible. I’m aware of 4081 and 4071 having the wrap for sure. Possibly the weekend cars are left aside or used only if necessary during the week. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

4042, 4100, 4123 and 4193 appear on be on the 506 today for some reason. Guess they're short a few Flexities 

Odd - it was all Flexity that I saw, when I came in from Woodbine about an hour ago.

And there's 22 Flexities listed as being in service on 506 - which is all that are scheduled.

None of those cars show they are in service on the tracker. What do their destination signs show?

https://www.transsee.ca/fleetfind?a=ttc&q=4042%2C+4100%2C+4123%2C+4193&Go=Go

That's actually a question I have: are any CLRVs making it out on 506? Extras don't appear, according to Steve Munro. I wouldn't mind catching a CLRV at High Park loop if possible, but I don't propose to stand out there for a few hours to confirm if there are or aren't CLRVs out....

1 hour ago, CLRV4002 said:

4123 still on College

4123 went past me eastbound College east of Spadina with sign “NOT IN SERVICE” on the front, and “TRAINING CAR” on the back.  There were personnel on board out with laptops and wires connected to components inside the car.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CLRV4094 said:

4123 is on 506, and yes for real this time....

1: Vehicle 4123 CLRV on route 506-Carlton0:51 ahead of 5:20:46AM. towards →East to Main Street Station past Norwood Rd on Gerrard St East Schedule details Vehicle History trip path

4110 has also joined it on the 506. Perhaps a few Flexities yesterday that suffered brake damage require some repairs. As I look at the TTC twitter alerts, it now says 25 streetcars suffered damage, not 7. Although I’m not sure the severity or what type of repairs are necessary. 501 is still bustituted this morning  

4178 also running on College as well, not signed in 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, DepthOfField said:

Random Question - On the CLRVs - How do drivers activate/toggle track switches from the cab? 

Using the red button on the far left hand side of the dashboard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2