Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

On 4/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, nfitz said:

Given that TTC has already sued them for the maximum penalty, they'll incur no further penalty. After TTC cancelled their plans to buy 60 more streetcars this year, there was no carrot remaining. Surely best business decision is to focus on the other 2 orders and not incur more penalties.

I must have missed this. Is there a link to a staff report anywhere that states that TTC did cancel the order for the optional 60? I have not seen it anywhere.

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I must have missed this. Is there a link to a staff report anywhere that states that TTC did cancel the order for the optional 60? I have not seen it anywhere.

They didn't cancel it per se. But there was a set target that they had to place the order by (60th car delivered, I believe?), and the TTC decided to let the option lapse.

Dan

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

They didn't cancel it per se. But there was a set target that they had to place the order by (60th car delivered, I believe?), and the TTC decided to let the option lapse.

Dan

At one time the general consensus on transit boards was that the option was on the 60th car but my recollection is that the option deadline was deferred at one point (as a favour to the TTC because of the MDBF not being met?)

In any event even TTC info is confusing - this report claimed that the Bombardier contract had options for 100 extra vehicles. However, this may have represented 60 at fixed price and 40 delivery slots for price to be negotiated.

https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/June_12/Reports/26_New_Streetcar_Program_RFI_for_60_Additional_Streetcars.pdf

1 hour ago, dowlingm said:

In any event even TTC info is confusing - this report claimed that the Bombardier contract had options for 100 extra vehicles. However, this may have represented 60 at fixed price and 40 delivery slots for price to be negotiated.

https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/June_12/Reports/26_New_Streetcar_Program_RFI_for_60_Additional_Streetcars.pdf

When the original TTC order for 204 cars was placed, there was an option for up to 400 additional cars for use on both the existing lines and on all seven of the original Transit City lines. Since later on it was decided that Metrolinx will own the new LRT lines, a 300-car option was transferred to Metrolinx (of which 182 cars were ordered - and later that order itself was reduced to just 76 cars for Eglinton. After reaching an agreement with Waterloo Region, a further 28-car option was transferred to Waterloo region, which ended up ordering only 14 vehicles for the first phase of their  ION LRT). This left the TTC with a 100-car add-on option on paper.

• Thanks 2

4535 has enter service on 504 (br504A) after 12 days being here

4533 has enter service on 504 (br504A) after 16 days been here as it been in the yard the last 20 hours

4532 still in the service bay after being here 20 days

4536 been out all night testing. Still on 509

It will be interesting to see if the flat taking 4405 to QC will be bring back one of the cars already there in May. What every brought back will undergo inspection and the standard burn in testing for all new cars. Never know it could be 4401 returning as a production car and will finally enter service in late May or June. It left Hillcrest on June 17, 2018.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

4533 has enter service on 504 (br504A) after 16 days been here as it been in the yard the last 20 hours

4532 still in the service bay after being here 20 days

4536 been out all night testing. Still on 509

It will be interesting to see if the flat taking 4405 to QC will be bring back one of the cars already there in May. What every brought back will undergo inspection and the standard burn in testing for all new cars. Never know it could be 4401 returning as a production car and will finally enter service in late May or June. It left Hillcrest on June 17, 2018.

On 4535 now, nice new smell. 

Tried to get a picture but the construction at Dundas west stopped me

• Like 2

Car 4539 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Wed, Apr. 10). Car 4477 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

In turn, car 4405 is off-property as of this morning. Car 4477 was used to push it onto the same transporter, for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

You got the timeline wrong:

4535 delivered Mar. 25, entered service Apr. 10 -> 16 days after delivery.

4533 delivered Mar. 27, entered service Apr. 10 -> 14 days after delivery.

Never know it could be 4401 returning as a production car and will finally enter service in late May or June. It left Hillcrest on June 17, 2018.

Actually, 4401 was loaded up at Hillcrest on May 14, 2018, but it was only picked by CP early in the morning on May 22, 2018.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4539 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Wed, Apr. 10). Car 4477 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

In turn, car 4405 is off-property as of this morning. Car 4477 was used to push it onto the same transporter, for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

You got the timeline wrong:

4535 delivered Mar. 25, entered service Apr. 10 -> 16 days after delivery.

4533 delivered Mar. 27, entered service Apr. 10 -> 14 days after delivery.

Actually, 4401 was loaded up at Hillcrest on May 14, 2018, but it was only picked by CP early in the morning on May 22, 2018.

I have Mar 26 for 4533. but still the wrong number of days here

I used the delivery date for 4401 in place of May 14, 2018 that in my schedule for some unknown reason.

Now with 4574 at Lambton,  4540 somewhere in Toronto, which car will be off loaded tomorrow?

Thanks

On 4/9/2019 at 3:45 PM, dowlingm said:

At one time the general consensus on transit boards was that the option was on the 60th car but my recollection is that the option deadline was deferred at one point (as a favour to the TTC because of the MDBF not being met?)

The acceptance of the 60th car reference was important due to that being the point that the TTC could begin calculating and charging liquidated damages against BT for not meeting the MDBF requirement as set out in the specification. There is no correlation between that milestone and the options which I believe stood at 60 cars if I remember correctly.  

• Thanks 2

4536 has enter service on 510 (kg510) after 12 days being here

4537 was out last night testing as a 301 in service car. Heading toward the Barns now.

4532 was out testing last night for the first time in over a week. It on 506 in the east end now heading toward Main. Been here 21 days so far.

4538 still not tracking

4539 is tracking a day after arrival and still at Hillcrest. Arrived April 10, 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drum118 said:

4536 has enter service on 510 (kg510) after 12 days being here

It has returned to Leslie now, so it probably experienced a failure of some nature.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, drum118 said:

I have Mar 26 for 4533. but still the wrong number of days here

For the sake of accuracy:  4533 was unloaded on Mar 27. Check a couple of pages back in this thread. You also happened to catch a picture of the car as it was heading to Leslie on the day of delivery.

Also, can someone please correct the entry for car 4535 on the wiki page? The correct delivery date is March 25, not April 10. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Also, can someone please correct the entry for car 4535 on the wiki page? The correct delivery date is March 25, not April 10. Thanks.

Fixed! There is no way that a car will be delivered, commissioned, tested, and enters service in the same day! Delivery date and entered service date for 4535 was the same before I fixed it. 

4536 only did 2 run to Union and left service at 8:43. It enter service on Spadina at 5:43

Anyone know what up with 4539, as it has yet to leave Hillcrest and sitting at the north end on the outside track according to Transsee?