Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

5 minutes ago, Marlow1331 said:

Well how about keep an eye out for V2504 during its next run as an 8, and see if the sigh says Waterfront again, I'm unsure if there is an alternate code or not, if there is, it may be operator preference, as most probably don't know it, or whatever,. Anyways, point being, it could be possible that 2504 has been reprogrammed anticipating the new sheet coming quite shortly, meaning all units at some point could be changed. Just my speculation, I agree, the terminus should be more precise, I understand the idea of "Downtown", whatever, but then I think about those who board a 106 bound for New West at Kingsway & Gilley, asking if it's going to Meteotown, what does the sign say?  They have no clue. So with that being said, I question if any sign works at all. :)

The "8 Waterfront Station" is an alternate code that the driver can put up.  I believe it's a relic of the time when the 8 went all the way to Robson and Seymour, and the Waterfront Station exposure would be if it was late and short turning on its current loop.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marlow1331 said:

Can we move these sightings over to T-Comm E-Sightings? It's seems like this is going to be a regular occurrence for quite some time now. 

But if he saw it in person, then by all means I guess it at least goes in the general sightings thread. I would think that this would be a seldom occurence. It's on and off just like (I think) Summer 2015 with the un-constant and random D40LF on a 601 block on the evening peak.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

P3352 is in the shop at HTC with its front axle removed.

3 more have arrived.  One was towed in around 1400, saw it heading over the Queensborough when I was heading to 22nd so I wasn't able to get a unit number.  P3337 and P3357 were driven in at about 2200.  My guess is they will be fixing them at PTC and HTC to get them on the road quicker.  Or on the extreme possibility, they are transferring them to HTC for whatever reason to be repaired then operate from HTC.

21 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

9507 on a 049 this evening

Here are 2 Photos I took of the Jack Knifed 049's from New Years Eve

V12010 Dec 31.JPG

V12013 Dec 31 16.JPG

Those are not 'jackknifed' although the second photo (12013 I think) is getting closer.  Slightly out of alignment would be a better description.  With enough space, backing up would solve the problem. To me, jackknifing indicates that the front unit and rear unit are at an acute angle, like a folding knife only partial open.

2 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

3284, 3287, 3290, 93-97,3301, 3304

3285 Hasn't been in service since Nov 30

Either you were responding with a list of C40LF instead of C40LFR

15 minutes ago, transitkid said:

not sure if right page but how many C40LFR's are still at HTC?

Or you wanted a list of C40LF instead of C40LFR

17 hours ago, dover5949 said:

3284, 3287, 3290, 93-97,3301, 3304

3285 Hasn't been in service since Nov 30

3285 is dead. It's at RTC.

17 hours ago, transitkid said:

wanted C40LFR, the fleet at PCT that requires repairs

The line-up of C40LFRs has been whittled down somewhat. They've been cycling them through the shops one or two at a time. There are still at least seven or eight parked on track 25, and there may be a few more parked out behind the shops.

42 minutes ago, Marlow1331 said:

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/block/b_1537424

Looks like a new Saturday peice, interesting interlines here.

I looked into this.  There are 2 blocks on the 301 line for Saturday which the Orion's got booked onto and both blocks do "local" service before doing the 301 in the afternoon.  For the morning, some 312 blocks do the 301. Sunday will be the same situation, but with only 1 301 block that only does 2 trips on the 301 for it's entire day.  Other 301s are done by 320 blocks.

Either they will keep booking out Orion's on those blocks or just book out flyers which would mean weekend 301s will no longer have any Orion service. Service optimisation at work.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Either they will keep booking out Orion's on those blocks or just book out flyers which would mean weekend 301s will no longer have any Orion service. Service optimization at work.  

With me being one of those "NIMBYs" about line 301... I don't like the sound of that at all, especially since I take that line over line 319 due to constant overcrowding.