Today's Sightings

TTC W580, W554, W552, W575, W627, W611, W644, W739, (W75?), W747, W260, W295 were some of the Davisville Station- LMC Bayview special shuttle bus that I spotted throughout this early morning and afternoon. 

Almost all of these vehicles which will never be seen again by the end of this year...

TTC 8101 is (a?) Queensway contribution to the Vic Park--Kennedy B-D shuttle.

7964 seen heading on some mysterious mission eastbound on Lawrence, passing by Warden station and continuing on.

A couple of Queensway buses seen eastbound on the Gardiner heading for downtown or points east. 8046 and I believe 7976. In any case, a 7900 and an 8000.

10 hours ago, CJ. said:

TTC 8011 Training bus at Bathurst Station

Not a training bus. Still at Hillcrest.

9 hours ago, ilovettc said:

I don't think 8011 is doing Training bus duty rn cause 8011 is at Hillcrest Complex rn

It can be at Hillcrest though for a certain time frame, sometimes with training buses if they are nearby the area they make a stop at Hillcrest for lunch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

Just saw 1202 driving SB on McCowan displaying 504/505 Broadview Stn

Also 1201 parked SB on Danforth Rd at Brimley NIS

8416 Broken Down on Birchmount at Danforth. Was on the 69.

1201 ended up on 504/505 as well. I just saw that one around Woodbine/Danforth

19 hours ago, 7749 said:

Not a training bus. Still at Hillcrest.

It can be at Hillcrest though for a certain time frame, sometimes with training buses if they are nearby the area they make a stop at Hillcrest for lunch.

I think it was just in process of being moved to be another shelter bus. 8005 is there also now 

9 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

Where is the best place to find the TTC pride buses?

Route 94 Wellesley is traditionally the place to find them, since it's the route that passes through Toronto's Gay Village at Church and Wellesley. However, the Pride buses this year are a diesel Nova LFS (Birchmount), an eBus, and a Wheel-Trans unit; so you're likely only going to see the diesel LFS on the 94, and good luck randomly tracking down the Wheel-Trans unit.

Check the Current TTC Wraps thread for which units are wrapped this year, then the usual advice of utilizing Transsee or another app to find its location/route.

12 hours ago, CJ. said:

TTC 1290 and 1227 parked shut down inside Lakeshore Garage at around 5am this morning. 1227 is now on 113 Danforth and 1290 seems to be an unscheduled on 116

1227 ended up on the Line 2 Shuttle as well.

Woodbine was total mess today, buses were running 1.5 hours down according to Transsee. The traffic along with the mass amount of buses for the shuttle caused a bottleneck at the corner of Danforth and Woodbine.

Based on my experience in Montreal, there a re a couple of things the TPS and TTC could of done to help the situation.

1. Temporary No Parking between Cedarvale and Woodbine so shuttle buses could line up properly to load passengers.

2. Only allow buses on Woodbine between Danforth and Strathmore.

This was the major reason for the backlog and traffic as Buses were unloading passengers on Woodbine, which is only a single lane, so traffic backed up behind. There also wasn't enough space for buses on Strathmore, Supervisors were sending buses empty to other stations, some even deadheading back to the other end of the Subway Closure.

3. Have more than 1 TPS officier controling the intersection of Danforth and Woodbine. The poor TPS officier was obviously overwhelmed.