#3130 (A), #3179 (A) | 43 KENNEDY
#1662 | 54 LAWRENCE EAST
#3270 | 57 MIDLAND
#8429 (A), #8605 (C) | 70 O'CONNOR
#1321 (A), #1674 | 86 SCARBOROUGH
#1606 | 116 MORNINGSIDE
#8744 | 201 BLUFFER'S PARK
#9066 (B) | 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS
#2252 (McN), #3502 (Mal), #3716 (Bir), #3722 (Bir), #3743 (MtD), #3754 (Egl), #W767 (W-T) | Danforth Garage (Doors Open Toronto 2023)

I noticed that YRT route 2 has a 80min frequency. Are they trying to prevent people from riding the bus? They are doing an amazing job. 

Not to mention that every run of the day is running 12-18 minutes late, which almost makes it a 120min frequency.  No wonder nobody takes it. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I noticed that YRT route 2 has a 80min frequency. Are they trying to prevent people from riding the bus? They are doing an amazing job. 

Not to mention that every run of the day is running 12-18 minutes late, which almost makes it a 120min frequency.  No wonder nobody takes it. 

I’m not going to argue the poor frequency but the delay part is usually not true. I rode the 2 twice today (one in each direction)- both trips I took were more or less right on time. Looking at transsee right now as well, one bus is 1 minute behind schedule, the other is 30 seconds behind schedule. In my experience taking this bus- as I do currently live in the service area- it’s usually not that far behind schedule Sundays.

The route on Sunday has been the same since the beginning of time basically. It’s always just 2 buses on the route. The headways used to be closer to 65 minutes, but with the route now running to Cornell Terminal it is now the 75-80 minutes you see

Yesterday, however, there were lots of delays on pretty much every bus that used Yonge St due to lane restrictions around Yonge and Cummer

18 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

I’m not going to argue the poor frequency but the delay part is usually not true. I rode the 2 twice today (one in each direction)- both trips I took were more or less right on time. Looking at transsee right now as well, one bus is 1 minute behind schedule, the other is 30 seconds behind schedule. In my experience taking this bus- as I do currently live in the service area- it’s usually not that far behind schedule Sundays.

The route on Sunday has been the same since the beginning of time basically. It’s always just 2 buses on the route. The headways used to be closer to 65 minutes, but with the route now running to Cornell Terminal it is now the 75-80 minutes you see

Yesterday, however, there were lots of delays on pretty much every bus that used Yonge St due to lane restrictions around Yonge and Cummer

I think considering the fact that it serves some communities that rely on that route there would be additional ridership if they had better frequency. 

But that goes with most YRT routes. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I think considering the fact that it serves some communities that rely on that route there would be additional ridership if they had better frequency. 

But that goes with most YRT routes. 

Yeah, definitely agree. Most Sunday trips I take are from around the Cornell terminal to Finch (so basically across the whole route) and there’s usually a fully seated load of 20-30 people on board throughout. I also recall riding a pretty crushloaded bus on route 24 one Sunday a few months ago as well- I was standing basically at the white line next to the driver that day. There are places where frequencies can/should be improved on Sundays, but I don’t think YRT has had a Sunday service improvement in years, if not decades. All I ever recall changing are slight trip timing changes in my time living in Markham. 

I still think the worst is Viva Blue frequencies in the evenings. After 8PM (even on weekdays) it drops to 20 min headways, which is pretty brutal in my eyes considering the ridership the times I take it. From finch it is usually a fully seated load and then at steeles there’s always another 15-20 people waiting to get on. 

4 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

That would fall under special too considering Wilson doesnt have a single NG HEV left.

That’s not why I made that comment.  It’s that it’s a double post and it’s annoying.  Just please post it in one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4