Today's Sightings

On 5/7/2023 at 5:22 PM, transportationtoronto said:

He has a history of spreading false information on the forum. I'd take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Oh hey, if that's what you want to call it, sure. 

If he really cared he could have checked the sheet for every vehicle on route 506C and known that a XE40 was in fact written in as 600. Now that's up to you to find out haha

It was never overhauled. It just got the minor work you'd expect after a bus hasn't been touched around for a while. Repainting will likely commence once the current batch of Novabuses are finished, it didn't slide under the book and only a matter of time before this one will be repainted too

At least 3 TTC supervisor cars with lights flashing and numerous Toronto Police Vehicles at JET garage right now. Someone tried stealing a bus

31 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

I said "I heard mix messages". Some said yes...other said no...

Some components were replaced to stay up-to-date, others probably replaced due to being failed, and it probably had some warranty work here and there, but the bus was never actually had a proper engine overhaul yet. That's part of the rebuild program. You can't just leave it half baked and decide not to repaint it

1 minute ago, Gamer Studios said:

Actually you could technically...the TTC has showed us liveries are not important...

Not a bus as new as 8552. Other novabuses are currently being rebuilt and repainted now, 8552 definitely was not excluded and it has yet to wait for its time

10 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

8552 is nowhere "new"...in fact, it's about to hit it's 10-year mark on the road soon...

Again, its part of the procedure. You aren't allowed to do half of the work and refuse to do the other half. It was never rebuilt

8552 has only hit about its mid life term, that is considered fairly new as it still has half (or more) of life left inside of it

1 hour ago, ilovettc said:

25B is not operating today, only the 25A Don Mills to Steeles via Don Mills Station & 925 Don Mills Express routes are operating today.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Sometimes RAD buses get put into runs on regular routes you don't see on weekdays or weekends.  Essentially this RAD could've been instructed to run between Don Mills Stn and Pape Stn, so the RAD driver used the 25B exposure instead of a 25S exposure.

Another possible reason for using the 25B destination sign: operator may have used the 25B sign because it said what they need it to say - to Pape Stn.

...among other reasons I'm sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ilovettc said:

25B is not operating today, only the 25A Don Mills to Steeles via Don Mills Station & 925 Don Mills Express routes are operating today.

It's RAD, it does whatever they tell it to do whether the route/branch is running or not.

• Like 1

TTC 7915 seen in service on one or another of Queensway's hand-me-down routes, perhaps 112.

This bus was at Wajax back in March. So obviously these buses are being repaired and put back in service, not just being prepped for Obico.