T3 - Take Transit Today (Charlottetown, PEI)

OC Transpo 8238

9 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The manager of Charlottetown Transit has confirmed that the used buses are El Dorado EZ Rider II buses from Calgary. It will be interesting to see them in service in Charlottetown.

Great thx for confirming, i am wondering when will they expect to hit the road?  And have they been shipped to Charlottetown yet?  Thank you

18 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

I believe they can operate single door in regular service there.

all the buses running in Charlottetown now are 2 doors..............would be interesting to see how those single door buses work out for them.............

On 7/13/2016 at 4:24 PM, Cimon8000 said:

I agree................

but the problem is, their Eldorados are single door, how is it going to work for Charlottetown?

It's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!  Who uses the rear door when the Provinces itself is too nice!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Seems they acquired another EZ Rider from Calgary. Seen a recent photo of 74 which is grey and white sporting the logo and a green number. I would assume they have bought a few more?

I received an updated fleet list from the Transit Manager at T3:

• Bus 73, VIN 1N9MLAC668C084091, ex-Calgary Transit 1606, El Dorado EZ Rider II
  • Bus 74, VIN 1N9MLAC668C084088, ex-Calgary Transit 1603, El Dorado EZ Rider II

The buses were acquired in 2018. I did not get a more specific date.

The listing also contained a VIN for bus # 72:

• 2G9B30AA6GA098043

I suspect that this is an error on the fleet list. That VIN corresponds to Calgary Vicinity 1630. I suspect that in transitioning from the El Dorados to the Vicinities, the registration from 1630 and another El Dorado may have been accidentally switched and not noticed.

I have an inquiry into T3 to check the VIN for bus # 72.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

All of the Dupont replica trolleys have been retired. The Zhong Tong (# 69) is still active.

Is the Zhong Tong currently active or was that just earlier in the month? Last thing I heard about it was from an operator who told me it was taken out of service to repair body rust and a poor attempt at doing so that was actually done during the initial build at the factory.

6 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Is the Zhong Tong currently active or was that just earlier in the month? Last thing I heard about it was from an operator who told me it was taken out of service to repair body rust and a poor attempt at doing so that was actually done during the initial build at the factory.

It's been used occasionally, but hasn't really been used much. I thought it was weird, but that explanation makes sense

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the 3 additional buses are to let them hold on until the fleet gets new buses (unless this is talking about getting ANOTHER 3 buses):

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local/band-aid-solution-for-peis-transit-system-291665/

Current breakdown of these buses seems to be as follows:

• 60 and 67 are used for peak and a lunchtime run
  • 63 is peak only
  • 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, and 71 are used all day (not evening)
  • 66 is used for the afternoon peak and evening service
  • 72, 73, and 74 sometimes replace 61, 62, and 68
  • 70 is a spare
  • 69 (The Zhong Tong bus) isn't really in active service at this point

On 4/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, ROSeaboyer said:

Looks like the 3 additional buses are to let them hold on until the fleet gets new buses (unless this is talking about getting ANOTHER 3 buses):

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local/band-aid-solution-for-peis-transit-system-291665/

Current breakdown of these buses seems to be as follows:

• 60 and 67 are used for peak and a lunchtime run
  • 63 is peak only
  • 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, and 71 are used all day (not evening)
  • 66 is used for the afternoon peak and evening service
  • 72, 73, and 74 sometimes replace 61, 62, and 68
  • 70 is a spare
  • 69 (The Zhong Tong bus) isn't really in active service at this point

Isn't 69 still undergoing major body repair?