Société de transport de Laval

SMS

• 2 weeks later...

Any official word on intermediate stops between Laval and St-Michel metro? Unofficially, on metrodemontreal, I've heard there will only be one at Pie-IX/Castille.

If this is true, it would be a real shame and a major limiting factor to ridership. Where this route can really pick up a significant market (including one served almost exclusively by car) is between Laval and the north-east of the city (RDP,Anjou,St-Leo,Mtl-Nord,etc) which means that the 904 needs to have frequent enough stops in Montreal at least so that one can transfer to all the STM routes crossing the area.

I'm thinking Arthur-Champoux, Castille, Fleury, Grandes-Prairies, 39e Rue, Jean-Rivard, Jarry, Pie-IX/Jean-Talon (SB) or St-Michel/Jarry (NB).

I also heard unofficial word that the service will be peak-only which is also a shame because there are significant numbers of people who do reverse-commute and would be in an even more likely position to reduce car use considering their position as on-island residents.

Doesn't make sense. So the STM will no longer run rte 139!? People have to buy a Laval zone Opus to ride on Pie-IX?

I only partially understand the article but what I'm getting from it is that the 139 will be extended into Laval. Laval's new route 904 will also use the reserved lane on the bridge.

• 4 weeks later...

The new park 'n ride @ Saint-Martin/Pie-IX is empty and so are the buses.

Jeudi matin' date=' seulement cinq voitures étaient stationnées dans l'espace aménagé, alors que l'espace peut recevoir 300 véhicules.[/quote']

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Montreal/2012/11/15/009-pie-ix-congestion-stationnemet-inutilise.shtml

Pictures taken on november 14th.

It appears to me, according to the comments left on the Facebook album and the low ridership, that lavalois are underinformed on the new measures and their impacts.

• 1 month later...
btw any news about when will the Designline be placed in service?

The DesignLine is testbench in order to evaluate the Electric bus technology for the STL Engineers. This means is will take a long time before this bus will be on different bus route in Laval.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm laughing at the part where he says they chose Design Line because of their quality.. :lol:
Designline quality..........HOLY SMOKE does he know what the hell he is talking about? They are the worst shit ever.........Hong Kong's one last less than 5 years, MTA's one are well known to be garbage since day 1, Australia's one suffered lots of mechanical issue too, so have fun with their "good quality" I rather go with BYD(Chinese made) electric bus for their quality.........

another 6 months before it will hit the road, have fun fixing the crap these days!

To be fair, the recorded problems I could find after a quick search are with the turbine hybrids. I don't think you can completely discount Designline, especially since there are only a few of these fully electric buses to begin with.