Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

SMS

Société de transport de Laval

I don't think this was ever posted here but did you guys know about route 804 of the STL? It is a pilot project community shuttle for Sainte-Dorothée.

http://www.stl.laval.qc.ca/pa1/circuits/di...p?m=g&c=804

It is basically the same route of the 404 with a different schedule ! This was put in place because of a complaint followed by a petition by a lady in Ste-Dorothee who could not go to church on Sunday in Sainte-Dorothée which was passed in the local newspaper.

http://www.courrierlaval.com/article-23868...teDorothee.html (story in French only)

It's been around since last board period.

I first caught wind of it when I noticed a tattered planibus for it taped to the system map board at Montmorency back in late Fall.

I tried to get a copy of it, but either they never printed any or had long ran out.

I got some copies for this board period though.

IMO it's over touted, less than 5 departures a day dosen't exactly make for great service, I was expecting a real local shuttle STM 251 or 86 style.

At least the STL recognizes that their network is more or less metro-bus style and dosen't serve the needs of those trying to get around within their suburban wasteland.

But I digress.

There were plenty of schedules at Cartier recently. Everybody note that you can save time and effort by calling the STL and having them mail you stuff like maps.

There were plenty of schedules at Cartier recently. Everybody note that you can save time and effort by calling the STL and having them mail you stuff like maps.

I prefer to actually go and get my transit stock, rather than doing it the lazay way, and craving may wests and pepsi.

After our little stint at Monty, me and Mark heading down the line to Cartier Station.

I much prefer everything about this station, from the layout to the kiosk, to the terminus.

It seemed like much more a friendly place, and felt much quieter for some reason. I very much liked fanning there, and we got no hassle whatsoever from the on-site oinkers, taking several pictures of SURF and STL Classics.

Although we were cautious and waited for opportunity to hit the shuttle button, the layout of the terminus, confines security to certain locations and it seems to be more busfanable overall.

In the future I will no bother heading out to Monty, except to go visit our new friend, and will instead fan out of Cartier.

We saw more Classics at Cartier in 30 min than the whole 1h-1h30 min we were fanning at Monty.

To add to the nice atmosphere, a driver even asked us if we were busfans, and wanted to know if I was this guy who has pics of buses from all over Montreal.

I figured out he was talking about Steve, and the driver said that the name sounded familiar.

He was either a busfan, or your typical caring driver, who drives because they want to and actually cares about their job and knows their stuff.

Unfortunatly he was off for a run, and didn't have much time to chat, but we managed to tell him we especially enjoy the Classics, to which he responded "Yeah, dats for shure, this is...............SHIT", pointing to the destination area of his LFS.

Further adding to the friendly mood at Cartier, one driver even went to fetch a broom and pan to sweep something in his bus, but since the CO came by a few min later, I think there may have been a problem.

The CO BTW, was the one with the long curly moustache from the 5808 charter for those of you who know who I am talking about.

Also, if you are hungry, the Couche-Tard here is much better than the one at Monty, and there is even a nice cafe with tables looking out to the terminus.

Montmorency feels more like a big unfriendly regional terminus, and Cartier like your quaint local service depot.

Not to mention that the elevator placement at Cartier is highly convenient, and you can walk there from Montreal.

Point: Don't waste time, money, and emotions at Montmorency, Cartier is the place to be!

To add to the nice atmosphere, a driver even asked us if we were busfans, and wanted to know if I was this guy who has pics of buses from all over Montreal.

I figured out he was talking about Steve, and the driver said that the name sounded familiar.

He was either a busfan, or your typical caring driver, who drives because they want to and actually cares about their job and knows their stuff.

Did he tell you his name?

Forgot there was a thread already, I must have been really tired last night...

Did he tell you his name?

No! :P He kind of caught be off-guard, since I was expecting him to give me crap, and not the other way around.

He also took off kind of fast.

But I'm sure if you hang around Cartier often enough and snap pics, chances are you'll run into him.

But I'm sure if you hang around Cartier often enough and snap pics, chances are you'll run into him.

I never venture into Laval to fan and if I did, it wouldn't be anytime soon..

Does anyone know what differences exist between the STL bus network that came out when the metro opened in April 2007, and the network that we now know (2007 edition rentree scholaire for the fall)?

Yes, I know a few.

1. Route 60 had been eliminated, but was later revived due to rider demand.

2. Routes 70 and 71 were combined into an elongated route 70.

3. Trainbus route 405 was eliminated and replaced with trainbous routes 402 & 404.

That's all I can think of for now...

Thanks, I found the original 2007 pdf map using the wayback machine on www.archive.org and it all makes sense now. I have nothing on the 405 though.

In short, the changes were to routes 25, 45, 48, 66, and 71 was abolished and merged into the 70, and the 60 was brought back as you said.

The changes after 2007 that I could say with some certainty are that the 903 does not go to Saint-Eustache anymore, and the 804 today exists as a pilot project.

Yes, exactly. Spot on.

The 804 mirrors the 404, and exists as a community route. The frequency is ass, though.

The 405 was a pre-Metro trainbus route, but as I said before, it was eliminated and replaced with the 402 & 404.

I should also mention that eight senior shuttle routes were added as well, but they do not appear on the main STL map. Seperate schedules exist for them, though. These routes are numbered 101 - 108.

I believe you have both covered everything.

The only other thing is that the 902 is now an official STL route and no longer run by the AMT.

Also on the 804: I don't understand the frequencies especially since the whole purpose is to provide a local service with no need to transfer as the existing routes require.

I don't have time to compare schedules, but perhaps it only runs at times when an instant transfers is not possible.

And at all other time you need only wait less than 10 minutes to board the connecting bus.

I find it strange how no new route map has come out for the STL since 2007!

We can probably blame budget cutbacks for that one!

I believe you have both covered everything.

The only other thing is that the 902 is now an official STL route and no longer run by the AMT.

Also on the 804: I don't understand the frequencies especially since the whole purpose is to provide a local service with no need to transfer as the existing routes require.

I don't have time to compare schedules, but perhaps it only runs at times when an instant transfers is not possible.

And at all other time you need only wait less than 10 minutes to board the connecting bus.

I find it strange how no new route map has come out for the STL since 2007!

We can probably blame budget cutbacks for that one!

Actually, the reason there being no new system map since '07 is because the STL only updates their system maps every three years. I have a knowledgeable friend who lives in Laval, and he has confirmed this. Case in point, the maps I have are from 2001, 2004, and 2007, respectively. The reason why there were two '07 issues was due to the opening of the Metro in Laval. Expect a new STL system map to be released in 2010.

Actually, the reason there being no new system map since '07 is because the STL only updates their system maps every three years. I have a knowledgeable friend who lives in Laval, and he has confirmed this. Case in point, the maps I have are from 2001, 2004, and 2007, respectively. The reason why there were two '07 issues was due to the opening of the Metro in Laval. Expect a new STL system map to be released in 2010.

Correct sir!

I recall you already divulging this information!

I still find it odd however that no copies of the 2007 map are available anywhere other than STL HQ!

According to S. Yelle, P. Lavigueur, STL:

Currently at the STL, their short term plans with regard to ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems):

Used to respect schedules.

GPS locates vehicles (installed progressively from 1997-2009) all 235 buses.

Hidden cameras already installed on STL LFS.

Travel history available on computers.

2-way communications between driver and the garage.

2010: will have schedules at certain stops in real time (like VIVA) and information on buses (like VIVA) in 2010.

Alerts for punctuality: management will know when operator is speeding.

Alerts for high ridership: will detect SRO and people left at stops thanks to GFI and passenger counters at the doors of the bus.

Gauche/Droite for emergency detours are displayed in real time on driver's computer. Driver can acknowledge using canned messages by pressing a button.

The 405 was a pre-Metro trainbus route, but as I said before, it was eliminated and replaced with the 402 & 404.

I should also mention that eight senior shuttle routes were added as well, but they do not appear on the main STL map. Seperate schedules exist for them, though. These routes are numbered 101 - 108.

If I'm correct, the 405 was a temporary route. It ran during the time when the Concorde overpass was being rebuilt.

As for the seniors routes, they were not added in '07 (I'm not sure for the 108; that one seems new to me.). In fact, the last time I checked, at the entrance to The Bay store near the Souvenir entrance to Centre Laval, there was still a bus stop sign with the routes 101-107 dating back to pre-2004.

Alerts for high ridership: will detect SRO and people left at stops thanks to GFI and passenger counters at the doors of the bus.

What does SRO stand for? If I can make an educated guess, I would say it has to do with how many passengers are on-board. Is it along those lines?

standing room only

Post-Metro in Laval

71 Métro Cartier - Terminus Haut-Saint-François (Duvernay-North) via Vimont

It was merged with the 70 and replace in part by the Taxibus T-09 and now the longer version of Taxibus T-07

From Cartier to Terminus Haut-Saint-François

Des Laurentides

De la Concorde east

Notre-Dame-de-Fatima

Saint-Martin east

Highway 19

Highway 440

René-Laennec

Ivan-Pavlov

Montée Monette

Norman-Bethune

Saint-Elzéar east

Montée Monette

Dagenais East

Robert-Bourassa

Val-des-Brises

Rang Haut-Saint-François

Okay, I'll bite

There used to be a route 57 in Laval. No idea where it went. The only evidence I have of its existence is a brief mention of it in an old AMT train schedule. The schedule listed routes that one could transfer to at each station, if applicable, and the 57 was one of them.

Also, a friend of mine who lives in Laval said that there was once an STL route 11. Again, I have no idea where it ran, and neither did he, for that matter.

Ghislain, perhaps you've heard of these former STL routes? I mean, you are our STL operative, after all :lol: .

Old STL bus Route that is now gone

Circa 1998

57 Metro Henri-Bourassa - Terminus Dufferin (Ste-Rose) via Curé-Labelle

This bus route was only available at rush hour.

Henri-Bourassa Ouest

Grenet

Gouin

Lachapelle

Laurentien

Chomedey

Curé-Labelle

Ste-Rose

Terrasse Dufferin

11 Terminus Galleries du Moulin (Saint-François) - Terminus Mille-Iles - Paré (Saint-François)

This bus route was deserving the most eastern part of Laval.

It was designed to replace and reduce the lenght of the 52.

Did not work at all because of the annoyement to transfer to another but route if you want to go outside of Saint-François.

It was the last part of current bus 52.

Montée Du moulin

Lévesque east

Mille-Iles

Paré

Another old bus line

circa 1995

The super crazy 70 Terminus Henri-Bourassa - Terminus Petite-Côte / des Rossignols (Ste-Rose) via Cité-de-La Santé (Vimont) / Fabreville-East

This bus was deserving a lot of Laval neighbourhood but was unbelievable long.

In Montreal

Terminus Laval at metro Henri-Bourassa

left on Henri-Bourassa Boulevard (Montréal)

Papineau Highway (19) Northbound

Laval Highway (440) Westbound

In Vimont

Right on Rene-Laennec

Right on Ivan-Pavlov

Right on Montée Monette

Left on Norman-Bethune

Left on Saint-Elzéar

Inside the Industrial Park

Right on Francis-Hughes

Left on Michelin

Left on Le Corbusier