Fast food copy cats

Hybrid0920

We need McDonalds or Burger King to copy poutine next. Call it 'French Canadian Fries' or something if you have to, but let's bring this to the United States!

Even Swiss Chalet joined this bandwagon and has started to offer poutine. Also, Burger King does offer poutine, but McDonalds needs to, I think it would be very popular.

Now, something that would be a neat experiment...Poutine Onion Rings. :(

How about Jack in the Box? Went to one in West Virginia, amazing burgers. :(

Hardees is good too...but very fatty.

Also, Mountain Dew Code Red was amazing, one of the only 'new' flavoured drinks I liked. I wish they would bring it back, though it does taste like Cream Soda or Hawaiian Punch.

i've seen a couple of ads for jack in the box where the clown mascot chases down and tackles some poor random citizen, force feeding them a burger while laying on the beating of their lives.

very, very funny. :(

Now what we need here in Canada is BK to offer ICEE as a beverage! I was surprised that even Target serves them! But I remember grabbing ICEEs at Wool-Co many a eons ago, and now the only place I think that still serves them is Mrs. Fields (they sell fresh cookies and such). And we only have 2 flavours here, Cherry, and Blue Raspberry...

Burger King used to sell ICEEs up here in Canada, actually the Burger King in Mississauga up at Dixie and Burnhamthorpe still sells them (They might have stopped though, it's been a couple months since I've been to that location). I used to get them all the time in the Blue Raspberry flavor, however they replaced that flavor for a coke flavor so I stopped getting them.

Also AMC Theaters sell ICEEs, just the two flavors though. Paramount Canada's wonderland sells them as well, at certain locations around the park they offer up to 8 flavors.

We need McDonalds or Burger King to copy poutine next. Call it 'French Canadian Fries' or something if you have to, but let's bring this to the United States!

KFC's poutine will likely take a year off your life... but damn it tastes good. NY Fries has poutine as well up here.

As for Fuddruckers... We used to have one in Edmonton. It was on Calgary Trail South and about 49 Ave (next to Superstore). I believe it's a Moose Factory now.

McDonalds and Burger King have poutine, but it isn't poutine so much as it is cheap french fries covered in bits of processed cheese with "gravy" on it, and by "gravy" I mean one part french fry grease one part flour.

As for Fuddruckers... We used to have one in Edmonton. It was on Calgary Trail South and about 49 Ave (next to Superstore). I believe it's a Moose Factory now.

There was one on the west side too (178th street and Stony Plain Rd.). Since they moved out it has changed hands four different times, and is now an Asian restaurant. :D

KFC's poutine will likely take a year off your life... but damn it tastes good. NY Fries has poutine as well up here.

I'm not normally a poutine fan, probably because I've had so many bad poutine's (soggy fries, fake cheese, pseudo-gravy). However I got curious last night and had some poutine at the Druid last night. Best in the West. :) Very Good. Three thumbs up. :P

Copy Cats strike again. Boston Pizza just finished their 10 meals for $10.00 promotion, along comes East Side Mario's with 9 meals for $9.99.

I spoke with a Boston Pizza staff member this evening and she said the promo went very well, attracting the 'deal seekers' that may otherwise have gone else where.

I'm not normally a poutine fan, probably because I've had so many bad poutine's (soggy fries, fake cheese, pseudo-gravy).

I know what you mean. I've had poutine from Burger King and the cheese was chewy like gum.. It took 5 min to chew down a 5mm cube of FAKE GUM CHEESE.

Well, speaking of poutine, this is the little hierarchy in my mind:

1.) KFC poutine......Hmm mmm mmm! :P

2.) A&W - I love their fries (and Onion rings of course!) Although the gravy is a tid-bit salty!

3.) Fatburger - oh boy, everything's perfect about this restaurant except the price tag :P

4.) Costco - very reasonably priced, taste pretty good for what I'm paying!

5.) NYF - Tastes great, although I always regret for spending $6 on a poutine and drink afterwards everytime! Feels great when eating and feels like crap after you finish the meal!

6.) Burger King - too much cheese that taste weird, and gravy tastes "artificial" too! The Meat stack and the new steakhouse burgers are great though!

Dave

Anybody had that cinamelts crap from McD's yet?

They are rather strange... ;)

They are decent, cinaparts at pizza hut are way better though

we had vanilla coke here for awhile around 2002 and then it disappeared, guess it didnt do well in sales

Like hell the sales sucked, everyone i knew at school drank it including me

Yeah same with flavored Dr Pepper, flavored Mountain Dew, flavored 7-Up. Lol. Just about all of them.

Cherry chocolate dr.pepper, YUCK!!! worst thing i've drank.

However, cherry vanilla dr.pepper was awesome. I think i'll just stick to being addicted to the regular dr.pepper :)

Same with the Cherry coke, but they got rid of t for no apparent reason.
Don't forget Pepsi Blue
Was Mountain Dew Code Red mentioned?

Frig, i miss all those drinks. I wish i had them in my fridge right now

Actually, it was the poutine from N.Y. Fries that got me hooked!

You aint had the best untill you've tried it at mr.mozzarella. That place makes some of the best pizza & poutine, its a locally owned pizza place chain. I'm lucky i'm across the street from on haha