GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

47, or 47 and a letter prefix? As far as I understand, those DDs can't access the Hamilton GO Centre due to the low height bridges alongside the Hamilton GO Centre.

47B I believe coming from Mac. You're correct though, the DD's have never been anywhere close to the Hamilton Centre. Its a shame though, because the 16 can really use them.

52 also uses DD on weekday AM and PM runs.

the 7:30-9:00 runs from York U usually has one

and the 15:00-17:00 runs from Osahawa usually one.

There's at least one that stays out all day, I've seen it at Richmond Hill Center for evening service several times, as well as on weekends.

They do have a special at Route 46 leaving Sheridan College at around 6:15 PM every weekday to accommodate Sheridan students whose classes end at 6 PM. The special, though signed as 46S, acts as an unscheduled 46A (Sheridan College - Square One express).

Routes 45, 46, 47 are busy routes but single deckers were used this afternoon, so many were left behind.

Later 8003 showed up NIS, not sure if it was a relief bus for the 45 or not.

I was expecting to see lots of double deckers showing up at York U during PM rush last week as well but it's not the case at all, I see none of them on 52 while only a couple on 45 and 46. I was in Durham yesterday and again see none on 407 East routes. The only ones I saw are the three running on rte 88 from Oshawa Go to Trent U in Peterborough. It's real tough to track down these buses! Or do most of the double deckers simply active in the garage? I don't see them being fully utilized at all.

47B I believe coming from Mac. You're correct though, the DD's have never been anywhere close to the Hamilton Centre. Its a shame though, because the 16 can really use them.

Yeah, when the new Hamilton GO stn builds!

I was expecting to see lots of double deckers showing up at York U during PM rush last week as well but it's not the case at all, I see none of them on 52 while only a couple on 45 and 46. I was in Durham yesterday and again see none on 407 East routes. The only ones I saw are the three running on rte 88 from Oshawa Go to Trent U in Peterborough. It's real tough to track down these buses! Or do most of the double deckers simply active in the garage? I don't see them being fully utilized at all.

You just have to be patience, cause right now they are doing some work such as CAD/AVL installation and all that.

Any word on GOT 657 - 666? Reports were out that 659 was spotted in Boise at MPI.

2822 still last new coach on property. Any idea if Canadian Car has production issues?

Insider has told me that GO Operations is not happy with GOT 607, notably all the white paint. New colour scheme will stay, but is expected to be "less white".

In the summer months of 2008-2011, GO used to have about 70% DD's assigned to the 45, 46 and 48, that proportion began to drop in 2012. This summer (May - early Sept) , in spite of the arrival of the new DD's, just a few new or old DD's (probably around 25%) were assigned to the 45, 46 and 48.

Yeah, when the new Hamilton GO stn builds!

You just have to be patience, cause right now they are doing some work such as CAD/AVL installation and all that.

btw what is that CAD/AVL thing? when is the installation expected to complete on all the dd's? Thx

In the summer months of 2008-2011, GO used to have about 70% DD's assigned to the 45, 46 and 48, that proportion began to drop in 2012. This summer (May - early Sept) , in spite of the arrival of the new DD's, just a few new or old DD's (probably around 25%) were assigned to the 45, 46 and 48.

The 8000's should be easy enough to find given the fact that they are only suitable to run on 407 West Corridor due to height restriction. However I have the same observation as you which I don't find lots of them being used since Sep this year, probably it's something to do with the CAD/AVL installation that general682002 was mentioning which hold them back~

Any word on GOT 657 - 666? Reports were out that 659 was spotted in Boise at MPI.

2822 still last new coach on property. Any idea if Canadian Car has production issues?

Insider has told me that GO Operations is not happy with GOT 607, notably all the white paint. New colour scheme will stay, but is expected to be "less white".

I have seen pics from Boise of 658 and one other in the old scheme, and 662 in the new.

Has anyone seen this yet? Been scrolling through the most recent couple of pages on this thread, and I saw no mention:

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/n-america/single-view/view/metrolinx-orders-tier-4-motivepower-locomotives.html

Greater Toronto transport authority Metrolinx has signed a US$63m contract for MotivePower to supply 10 diesel-electric locomotives for use on commuter services from 2016....

The contract announced on October 8 follows on from an August 2012 order for MotivePower to repower 11 Metrolinx MPXpress locomotives using two Cummins QSK60 engines in the same configuration.

And: http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/mechanical/locomotives/wabtec-signs-metrolinx-contract-for-low-emission-locomotives.html

MotivePower subsidiary has signed a US$63 million contract with Canada's Metrolinx to build 10 new, low-emission locomotives. The locomotives, featuring new engines that meet Tier 4 emission standards, will be designed and manufactured by MotivePower at its Boise, Idaho, facility and are expected to be delivered beginning in 2016, Wabtec said.

The project follows a previous order from Metrolinx to repower 11 locomotives (such as pictured above left) with the same advanced configuration, Wabtec noted.

Has anyone seen this yet? Been scrolling through the most recent couple of pages on this thread, and I saw no mention:

http://www.railwayga...ocomotives.html

And: http://www.railwayag...ocomotives.html

Yeah, and we're still waiting on that first one that was supposed to be done by late 2012/early 2013 (that was supposed to have a single QSK-95, changed to two QSK-60's...).

Reinventing the wheel, gotta love it ;).

GO Transit wind turbine producing 91% less power than expected

Because of new development, the windmill at Lisgar GO station produces less than it takes to power a typical home in Toronto.

A wind turbine pilot project at a GO station in Mississauga, built for $620,000, is producing 91 per cent less electricity than originally projected.

The turbine, unveiled at Lisgar GO station in April 2009, was expected to produce 98,550 kilowatt hours (kWh) per year — enough to power 80 per cent of the station’s electricity needs.

More than four years later, it is only producing around 9,000 kWh per year, or about 9 per cent of projections.

That’s enough electricity to power a single typical household in Toronto for nine months.

Metrolinx blamed “inconsistent localized wind levels” and new development in the area for the turbine’s underperformance. A spokeswoman still called it a “marginal success.”

http://www.thestar.c...n_expected.html

Sounds like a failure to me. 9% is pretty low standards to be considered even a marginal success.

For route 52, u can try the 8:30 from R-Hill to Oshawa trip is usually a DD, and trips from Oshawa to York U, they usually run on trips after 3pm. Hope this helps.

To return to the DD discussion, I've been seeing and getting them on the Niagara Falls route even after the summer schedule ended. Got one just a few days ago from Stoney Creek to Burlington. I actually haven't seen a regular coach on the 12 since last spring.

To return to the DD discussion, I've been seeing and getting them on the Niagara Falls route even after the summer schedule ended. Got one just a few days ago from Stoney Creek to Burlington. I actually haven't seen a regular coach on the 12 since last spring.

The MCIs are most definitely still used on the 12. They are needed for when the E500s break down.

Dan

re: 91% on wind turbine at Lisgar. New development since 2006: Toy'sRUs, Tim Hortons, The Keg about one to two blocks away to the east. nothing new south, north, west. I'd say "design error" would be a better catch phrase rather than "new development".