Peter Silverman attacked

409 Thornton

what did you think of peter silverman when he was attacked

I thought he is cool the awy he doesn't chicken out from things he stands up to them.

Well he wasn't suppose to chicken out because that would seriously hinder his reputation. In his profession, he probably expected this to happen anyway and it has happened before. Many do dislike his crusade for regular folks against unethical business people and so forth. I found he stood his ground quite well. Although one thing that baffles me is how did a TTC employee got into this mess?

Well he wasn't suppose to chicken out because that would seriously hinder his reputation. In his profession, he probably expected this to happen anyway and it has happened before. Many do dislike his crusade for regular folks against unethical business people and so forth. I found he stood his ground quite well. Although one thing that baffles me is how did a TTC employee got into this mess?

TTC employee got into the "mess" as he stopped his vehicle in an attempt to help Silverman.

What happened to him?

He was pursuing an earlier story about fake optical lenses being sold at a optical shop on King Street West here in Toronto. When he arrived, presumably the owner stormed out his store. Then he verbally and physically attacked Peter Silverman, his cameraman and a TTC employee with snow and a broomstick. He was yelling profanities at the same time. Things even got more ugly when that man barricaded himself inside his store. The Police's Emergency Task Force was called in and after a brief standoff, he was arrested.

What is eveyone talking about?

Any one care to explain for those of us outside of the GTA who might have no idea who/ what the hell you are talking about?

I think he's the same as our Valerie what's her face (I can't spell or pronounce her last name). Sort of a consumer watch dog / better business bureau / fighter of evil forces / looking out for the average person type of super-hero. She has a spot on some channel and if a business is cheating or whatever, she'll blow the case wide open on television. You don't want her to expose your dirty deeds on t.v. or you'll lose a lot of business.

I think he's the same as our Valerie what's her face (I can't spell or pronounce her last name). Sort of a consumer watch dog / better business bureau / fighter of evil forces / looking out for the average person type of super-hero. She has a spot on some channel and if a business is cheating or whatever, she'll blow the case wide open on television. You don't want her to expose your dirty deeds on t.v. or you'll lose a lot of business.

Thats pretty much it plus more than half the time he gets the persons money back

Probably the worst thing was, this "optician" was supposed to make amends with Silverman saying he was a "changed man" which is the only reason Silverman went there that day making this a planned ambush. He probably should have made amends with Silverman and get rid of the already bad publicity, now I doubt anyone would ever go to do business there. As it is right now, everyone loses. Silverman didn't get the result he wanted, the people who got cheated didn't get their money and the optician goes to a police station and might lose his business

Speaking of this, that optician was out and about today at his store "changing" the sign. He most likely got released on bail or just was plain released. Like is changing your store sign going to help sales after your breakdown caught on tape, the Emergency Task Force being called in, a few expected lawsuits and a city outraged. <_<

The optician (if he even is licensed, I doubt it) is a total pussy for trying to beat up a 70 year old guy.

Peter is actually 75 years old. He's pretty tough for that age. They said on CityNews he used to be in the Army or something like that. Also, The story is so big CNN asked CityNews if they could use the video.

Speaking of this, that optician was out and about today at his store "changing" the sign. He most likely got released on bail or just was plain released. Like is changing your store sign going to help sales after your breakdown caught on tape, the Emergency Task Force being called in, a few expected lawsuits and a city outraged. :angry:

If I seen that mofo i would have pulled the ladder down with him still on the top of it

one Person did get his money credited back thru visa :angry: (the guy who bought the fake oakleys)

Probably the worst thing was, this "optician" was supposed to make amends with Silverman saying he was a "changed man" which is the only reason Silverman went there that day making this a planned ambush. He probably should have made amends with Silverman and get rid of the already bad publicity, now I doubt anyone would ever go to do business there. As it is right now, everyone loses. Silverman didn't get the result he wanted, the people who got cheated didn't get their money and the optician goes to a police station and might lose his business

CNN can get a little repetitive with their stories. Like when 9/11 happened. I mean sure it was very tragic and at the same time sensational to watch, but it really got annoying after the 1000th time. Of course one could choose not to watch it, but seriously, even going into a lounge or into an electronics store....EVERY televison on earth was broadcasting this night and day for what seemed like endless days.