New Flyer D60LF Retirement / Storage watch

Express691

On 10/2/2019 at 12:33 PM, Express691 said:

8028 is in HTC, but it's in a different part of the yard near the CNG fueling stations are. Its parked inbetween some rapidbuses

8050 dead as well

I just saw 8050 move around Poco garage under its own power a few minutes ago.

10 hours ago, Mac Write said:

How many D60LF's left in service, and how long do they have until the jaws of death come calling.

Only remaining D60LF's would be 8013, 8022, 8043, 8050, 8052, and 8073. As for when they'd be retired, i'd suspect by the time the Lougheed rapid buses goes live. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

From facebook:

8050 should be done for good

8015 finally limped to HTC dead track

Photo of 8013 attached in the same post. Not sure if dead as well, simply mislabeled as 8015 or what. Is HTC Track 21 the dead track?

The others will be joining soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Has there ever been talk/consideration of preserving buses at Translink? 

The last time this has happened, to my knowledge, was a brief chat between someone at TRAMS and someone at CMBC about acquiring 7112 after they finished using it as the Compass bus. Of course, CMBC made it their PR vehicle and continued using it after that. We don't need it now because we got an unmodified GM Old Look last year (we were going to use 7112 as our PR bus and restore 730 if CMBC let us take it). Only WVMT, to my knowledge, is interested in preservation. They have at least a fishbowl and a D40LF preserved (someone said they have a fleet but I only know about the two).