New Flyer D60LF Retirement / Storage watch

Express691

We may as well start this thread since they have started to send in some D60LF to OTC.

Since the start of September 2015, 17 buses have been sent to OTC. 4 of which previously operated out of Port Coquitlam. Surrey submitted 4, Burnaby 8, and Richmond 2.

8001 8005 8007 8009

8053 8058

8002 8019 8027 8029 8035 8078 8090 8092 

8025 8086 8097 8101

Three others were retired due to various incidents.

8049 (Accident)

8054 (Fire)

8055 (Accident)

Please share any additional information, if any.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I couldn't remember where I'd seen the pictures, but 8054 is definitely NOT coming back :) . I didn't think 8055 was that badly damaged. Wasn't it the one damaged in the Massey Tunnel?

Yes. And it was structurally damaged. Severe damage on driver side so they just retired it. No need to salvage 1 trailer.

Pictures are on flicker user Buspro's account.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While it does seem early compared to the life span of a 40 footer, artics do tend to have a shorter life span. But like northwesterner said, these artics have worked very hard. Trips up and down Burnaby Mountain with full loads and full loads on the 98 and 99 and long distance trips. Not only that, the units being retired now, aside from the 98's, may have mechanical/body issues that are not worth repairing considering their age. I think we could see another artic order coming in early next year or even by the end of this year.

While it does seem early compared to the life span of a 40 footer, artics do tend to have a shorter life span. But like northwesterner said, these artics have worked very hard. Trips up and down Burnaby Mountain with full loads and full loads on the 98 and 99 and long distance trips. Not only that, the units being retired now, aside from the 98's, may have mechanical/body issues that are not worth repairing considering their age. I think we could see another artic order coming in early next year or even by the end of this year.

Also worth noting that some of the 99/00 D60LF's that were based out of the RTC have logged more KM's than the 98's.

I think they would take the options instead of placing another order of the buses.

• 1 month later...

I've heard that there is a good possibility that we could get another 25 new artics either by the end of this year or early next year. I've also heard that STC could be getting a handful of XD40's by the end of the year along with RTC.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...