TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

1 hour ago, CLRV4094 said:

It's preserved alongside 4001. 4089 will be converted into a subway workcar so it's preserved too

Just wondering... what is your source of information on this?

• Like 8

Just now, CLRV4094 said:

I have a friend who knows mechianics at Russell and talks with them on a daily. They mentioned to my friend that 4081 was preserved.

Not about 4081, about 4089.

Same friend knows people at Hillcrest and they claim that's what's they heard is gonna happen to it

Back in mid-December management had 4089 listed as being in heritage storage so I assumed that's still the case, but anything could have happened in the past 3 months.

Edited by christine
  • Like 1

Streetcar and subway use the same gage, plus PCCs have been converted as such in the past, it's totally possible

TTC also converted a Witt and two Toronto Civic Railway single truck cars to subway use too. Though I'm surprised TTC is going this way again instead of using former H-4 passenger cars.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, * Mr. Black * said:

Well there we go.... Scientific proof people!!!

So how would that work? They would need to add third rail contacts? And then make it compatible for high level boarding?

Considering how unreliable they are, what would be the advantage of that when we could use T1's.

11 minutes ago, Shaun said:

So how would that work? They would need to add third rail contacts? And then make it compatible for high level boarding?

Considering how unreliable they are, what would be the advantage of that when we could use T1's.

What makes you think it would run under its own power?

For all we know, it could become an unpowered flat car.

• 2 weeks later...

From an archive post on Facebook: 4037 and 4090 left for scrap on April 5, 2019.

I will have an update to my list of disposal dates in a few days.

• Like 3

Speaking of disposed cars, does anyone know what happened to 4057? It last reported data on either December 29th after the final run or the day after. I have never seen anything mentioned about the car after that date, and it doesn’t appear to be on property anymore. 

7 minutes ago, jor said:

I've never heard anything of 4124 either. What has happened to that car?

That car last I heard is still on property and is still intact, at least from the outside. 4187, 4040 and 4193 also remain as well, and should be intact exterior wise.