Winnipeg Transit Battery Electric Buses

DavidW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 997 was in service today, left Polo Park to the Airport @ 10:25. It looked it had a bunch visitors checking this bus. A couple had cameras. One was talking about waiting for the bus to come to Edmonton.

The CTHF (Canadian Transit Historic Foundation ?) is doing a charter in Winnepeg tomorrow. So yes, there are visitors in town, and yes, some are from Edmonton !!! :)

Cool, what does a genuine trolley fan think of the NFI zero emission bus ride?

I'm OK with it. Although (a big) part of the trolley attraction is the overhead. The marvelous engineering that goes into it. It has to be perfect or it won't work.

I'm for the Zero Emission bus replacing diesel buses (and hybrid, LNG, CNG, Propane, etc), but not replacing existing trolley systems.

I'm OK with it. Although (a big) part of the trolley attraction is the overhead. The marvelous engineering that goes into it. It has to be perfect or it won't work.

I'm for the Zero Emission bus replacing diesel buses (and hybrid, LNG, CNG, Propane, etc), but not replacing existing trolley systems.

I agree with you.

I expect that, apart from trolleys, CNG buses would be the last to be replaced by battery-electric, because of the sunk costs for CNG infrastructure and the reduced tailpipe emissions.

• 5 weeks later...

I was told yesterday that there are now four XE40's in Brandon Garage. Maybe now we might see more than one in regular service at a time.

997 is on route 20 today.

996 is also in regular service today! It's a double XE40 day.

I was told yesterday that there are now four XE40's in Brandon Garage. Maybe now we might see more than one in regular service at a time.

997 is on route 20 today.

996 is also in regular service today! It's a double XE40 day.

Photographed both this morning! 996 didn't turn out well because of an inappropriate gesture from a guy on the bike in front of the bus... but 997 turned out a-OK!

• 2 weeks later...