19 minutes ago, ttc9432 said:

Are there any ex. TTC Fishbowls that still extist? like haven't been scraped? Also, are there any buses on the lot where they scrap the VIIs now in port perry?

Of course: 8058,2252,2345,2444,2290, and 2291 still exist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

There was a yard that stacked a bunch of ex TTC fishbowl buses on top of each other. I’m not sure where that is though

The name escapes me, but I think that was the one on Guelph line, immediately north of mohawk race track.....Moffat metals?

edit: yep..that’s the one.

9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Of course: 8058,2252,2345,2444,2290, and 2291 still exist.

That's not what i meant. I know about those, they have been kept for some reason whether its restoration or otherwise, but i'm talking about fishbowls that aren't kept in good condition and are waiting to be scraped and are salvageable. 

7 hours ago, ttc9432 said:

That's not what i meant. I know about those, they have been kept for some reason whether its restoration or otherwise, but i'm talking about fishbowls that aren't kept in good condition and are waiting to be scraped and are salvageable. 

There are a few that have been converted to RVs. There is one sitting in a field somewhere. I forgot where. The ones at Moffat maybe gone as well.

38 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

There are a few that have been converted to RVs. There is one sitting in a field somewhere. I forgot where. The ones at Moffat maybe gone as well.

They’re basically destroyed beyond repair the second they arrive by being shoved around by the front end loaders.

If anyone is crazy enough to purchase one, the only serviceable specimens left are south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and/or west of the 100th meridian. All others are basically good for cores and axles.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

They’re basically destroyed beyond repair the second they arrive by being shoved around by the front end loaders.

If anyone is crazy enough to purchase one, the only serviceable specimens left are south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and/or west of the 100th meridian. All others are basically good for cores and axles.

Are you talking about the units at Moffat? If you look ln Google Maps, there are several figures that look like buses, but are too blurry to identify. 

About the front-end loaders, when the GMs arrived did they not still have to motor? 

Also, does anyone know where the other GMs were scraped (other classics and fishbowls etc.)? Where they all at Moffat?

Lastly, what happened to the buses that where parked on Norfinch Drive near a motel and the 400? I think there were two classics, a fishbowl and a D-901. Originally they were owned by belka, but someone said they aren't anymore? Does anyone know where they are or who owns them now? 

They arrive at their respective scrapyards without fuel, oil, transmission fluid, coolant or batteries. An intact engine won’t be much use then.

I thought this was common knowledge here by now.

42 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The Belka buses younger than the fishbowl have all been sadly scrapped. The fishbowl on the other hand is heading down that road soon too. It’s located off Weston Rd, south of Steeles. 

It’s being slowly parted out. I believe UC coach service has a lien against it.

As the person that made that sighting in April last year, I made no such claim. I have no idea what the bus' number was, and whether it was a former Belka unit or some other unit that we didn't know about before, just that I saw an ex TTC Classic in a trackside yard.

In any case, it hasn't been around since at least mid June of this year, if not longer.

3 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

As the person that made that sighting in April last year, I made no such claim. I have no idea what the bus' number was, and whether it was a former Belka unit or some other unit that we didn't know about before, just that I saw an ex TTC Classic in a trackside yard.

In any case, it hasn't been around since at least mid June of this year, if not longer.

Maybe it was or not, 

4 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

That Classic is long gone. That one never made it to Belka.

18 hours ago, ttc9432 said:

Lastly, what happened to the buses that where parked on Norfinch Drive near a motel and the 400? I think there were two classics, a fishbowl and a D-901. Originally they were owned by belka, but someone said they aren't anymore? Does anyone know where they are or who owns them now? 

Thank you for sharing my footage @ttc9432. This was the last surviving Montreal Fishbowl.

17 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The Belka buses younger than the fishbowl have all been sadly scrapped. The fishbowl on the other hand is heading down that road soon too. It’s located off Weston Rd, south of Steeles. 

So that was #6104, the last D901 in Toronto and the two Classics (#6221/#6223) that were pulled almost ten years ago? Good thing she is still kicking in even at 37 years old.

I wonder what happened to #9424, an Orion V?

If @Shemar is around, perhaps several Wiki pages can fix it.

3 hours ago, BYD said:

Thank you for sharing my footage @ttc9432. This was the last surviving Montreal Fishbowl.

So that was #6104, the last D901 in Toronto and the two Classics (#6221/#6223) that were pulled almost ten years ago? Good thing she is still kicking in even at 37 years old.

I wonder what happened to #9424, an Orion V?

If @Shemar is around, perhaps several Wiki pages can fix it.

9424 is sitting behind some random place, it's visible from the 400

On 11/23/2018 at 1:54 PM, 8058 said:

Did anyone take a picture of a display sign that was beside 2252 during the CUTA event?  I can barely read the sign in some photos.  Thanks! 

I saw this bus going East on Sheppard Ave East of Bathurst this morning. 

The color display threw me off. I thought it was a blinking roll sign. 

If I was a betting man, i’d Say commercial plates. Historic tags might complicate things with the insurance policy.

Since the ownership hasn’t changed, the very fact that they’re undertaking an MTO inspection is a giveaway to me that it’ll be certified to carry passengers. Plus customer service said as much on Twitter, for charters and whatnot.

The only time a “blue” plated vehicle needs an MTO inspection is when the ownership actually changes hands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I saw this bus going East on Sheppard Ave East of Bathurst this morning. 

The color display threw me off. I thought it was a blinking roll sign. 

Is the LED destination display indeed a colour display?  If it's a three chip LED full colour all points addressable dot matrix - see where I'm going with this - it would just be a matter of preparing files containing the appropriate artwork and you'd be able to display any single colour or three colour roll sign or any arbitrary new graphics on it without using actual sign rolls.  That would be perfect for a historic bus.

I was on my way to go and see 2252 at CUTA and I made it down the escalator into the south building at the convention centre and that was as far as I got before my phone rang with a problem at work that required immediate attention.  I had to do the responsible adult thing and turn around and head back to work so I never did get to see it.  Jeez, having to do this gainful employment thing to keep the mortgage paid, food on the table, the car on the road, and clothes on my back just gets in the way of all the important things in life, doesn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1