Doors Open Toronto (May 24-25)

Tramguy

OK but am I at fault here? I was never aware why I was banned. I had to take this last resort to participate on the forum again.

normally they send you WARNINGS as to WHY you will be banned if you don't stop whatever it was that was pissing people off...

you would have simply have messaged the mods BEFORE bringing it out on the forums,,,,

normally they send you WARNINGS as to WHY you will be banned if you don't stop whatever it was that was pissing people off...

if you REALLY had a brain-cell, you would have simply have messaged the mods BEFORE bringing it out on the forums,,,,

me thinks you need some education...

You could have easily made your point/stated your opinion without insulting his/her intelligence <_<.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

have any of you heard of dyslexia & legally blind? hmm, most words are spelled much differently than they sound with a screenreader...

just ask most blind people why their spelling is so bad, its something that is a huge problem in the blind community, though with an iMac, I've made adjustments, using the spell checker built into it..

it was not personal, what I said, but seriously, if you really think about it, he should have gone & sent the admin's a personal note or email, asking for the reason for the banning..

Ya'all need to lighten up..

Transporr & Bus_Medic, I already know neither of you like me, I don't give a damm, it don't bother me none...

have any of you heard of dyslexia & legally blind? hmm, most words are spelled much differently than they sound with a screenreader...

just ask most blind people why their spelling is so bad, its something that is a huge problem in the blind community, though with an iMac, I've made adjustments, using the spell checker built into it..

it was not personal, what I said, but seriously, if you really think about it, he should have gone & sent the admin's a personal note or email, asking for the reason for the banning..

Ya'all need to lighten up...

Is there something I'm unaware of about blindness and dyslexia that allows one to use phrases like "If you really had a brain cell"? I assumed that it was just extreme and unnecessary rudeness, but I thought perhaps I should check on that first.

Is there something I'm unaware of about blindness and dyslexia that allows one to use phrases like "If you really had a brain cell"? I assumed that it was just extreme and unnecessary rudeness, but I thought perhaps I should check on that first.

Actually it's called bitterness and carrying a chip on one's shoulder, of which extreme and unnecessary rudeness is an obvious and predictable byproduct.

Actually it's called bitterness and carrying a chip on one's shoulder, of which extreme and unnecessary rudeness is an obvious and predictable byproduct.

Ah ... I guess that makes sense.

So should one treat someone in that unfortunate position the same as everyone else?

A few thoughts...

1) perhaps its time the moderators shut down this thread as its spiraling into petty name calling

2) perhaps the moderators should look into the instigator of this spiral and consider blocking her as these eruptions seem to be all too frequent...

3) perhaps we should get this thread back on topic ... ... ... (pause) ... ... ... Soooo ... who's going to Roncy for doors open? ... lol?

A few thoughts...

1) perhaps its time the moderators shut down this thread as its spiraling into petty name calling

2) perhaps the moderators should look into the instigator of this spiral and consider blocking her as these eruptions seem to be all too frequent...

3) perhaps we should get this thread back on topic ... ... ... (pause) ... ... ... Soooo ... who's going to Roncy for doors open? ... lol?

You sir, win a free internets.

In all seriousness, how is Doors Open in general? Any good places/bad places? I know it's not limited to transit, but are there any good locations anyone might want to point out?

In all seriousness, how is Doors Open in general? Any good places/bad places? I know it's not limited to transit, but are there any good locations anyone might want to point out?

The R.C. Harris Water treatment plant was kinda cool last year and i believe its back on the list this year ... and accessible via the 501...

But it all really depends on what you're interested in ... if you are into architecture then go check out some of the old churches and homes, if you are into art or museums there are usually some of those on the list ... if you are in to behind the scenes ... then stuff like R.C. Harris, or Roncy might be more your style...

The R.C. Harris Water treatment plant was kinda cool last year and i believe its back on the list this year ... and accessible via the 501...

But it all really depends on what you're interested in ... if you are into architecture then go check out some of the old churches and homes, if you are into art or museums there are usually some of those on the list ... if you are in to behind the scenes ... then stuff like R.C. Harris, or Roncy might be more your style...

If you're into behind the scenes, the best that I've been to was the Portlands Energy Centre. Granted, that was two years ago and may have changed now, but we got to see almost every part of the plant.

There are few bad places. Sometimes you have to stand in line for a while for some not-so-great stuff.

Stuff I have enjoyed in the past (note, I don't know if it's on this year, or in the same format):

• Osgoode Hall (the downtown one, not the York U one)

• TD Bank Tower 54th floor

• Union Station (mini-version of Derek Boles' behind-the-scenes tour)

• RC Harris water treatment plant

• Colborne Lodge (in High Park)

The Canada Life tower at University and Queen was probably not worth the long wait.

Time to put this topic back on track... AGAIN :angry:

Soooo ... who's going to Roncy for doors open? ... lol?

I'd like to, although I have other commitments that day so we'll see where/if Roncy falls into my schedule.

I seem to recall reading a post back in May of last year saying that the reason they did Roncy last year is because they were doing track construction over the summer... is there any truth in that? If so, is it any different this year? A quick google search only finds info about the construction of the actual tracks on Roncesvalles from 2009-2011...

I wish they did Wilson, though... It'd be the ultimate place to get pics of the 9400s, seeing how they don't send them out on weekends. Hopefully next year... if the 9400s hold out that long.

• Like 1

Time to put this topic back on track... AGAIN :angry:

I'd like to, although I have other commitments that day so we'll see where/if Roncy falls into my schedule.

I seem to recall reading a post back in May of last year saying that the reason they did Roncy last year is because they were doing track construction over the summer... is there any truth in that? If so, is it any different this year? A quick google search only finds info about the construction of the actual tracks on Roncesvalles from 2009-2011...

I wish they did Wilson, though... It'd be the ultimate place to get pics of the 9400s, seeing how they don't send them out on weekends. Hopefully next year... if the 9400s hold out that long.

Some notes from last year..

Roncy was awesome last year, the people were very accommodating to disabled people as much as they could be..

(I was told that by several disabled friends that went)

the CAMH walls creeped me out.. the tactile sensation was just creepy..

CITYTV was awesome, the lineup was nasty, but it was well worth it..

I've gone to MEC 2x, I love it, but this year I'm skipping it..

Notes for this year...

I Live in Islington Village so thats not on my list... but the Murals are amazing, theres a lot of them along Dundas west, if any of you want to go, get the 30 lambton or 37 Islington, the 37, lets you off just west of Montgomery’s Inn (which the city are trying to close), the other way is the 30, get off at royal avon, by the park, likely they'll have a fair on that day, also the murals start just west of the lights at Royal Avon/michael power..

I want to go to the roundhouse, but the question is, is it near the CN tower exit of the skywalk?

I want to do Osgoode Hall, I eat there 3 days a week, so I wan tho see the rest of it..

I also want to do The Bay..

I'm also going to go to Roncy again..

Yes its a short walk from the skywalk or rees st streetcar stop.

SWEET!! Thanks, I've been wanting to see the 'roundhouse' since 2006

be warned that the skywalk doesnt go past the convention centre thanks to the aquarium construction,

Yep, I'm aware of this, there is an alternate route, I was reviewing it last night with a sighted friend..