CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, LRT said:

Check out the new “low tech fastening system” they’ve developed on the series 9s to prevent the side panels from popping open while the train is in motion. 

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

9E2ED99E-FBEF-425B-8ECD-FD7EFEB6AE05.jpeg

3AABCF9B-77F0-43F5-8946-ADCAD90D7650.jpeg

BuT tHe TrAiN iS sHaPeD LIkE a MaSk

8 hours ago, LRT said:

Check out the new “low tech fastening system” they’ve developed on the series 9s to prevent the side panels from popping open while the train is in motion. 

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

Good lord. I really hope ETS is paying attention to your S200s before we buy more HFLRVs as this might push them to other manufacturers

On 11/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, brookiedbj said:

Good lord. I really hope ETS is paying attention to your S200s before we buy more HFLRVs as this might push them to other manufacturers

Edmonton's apparently already has had some discussions with Calgary about the potential for a future joint order. Doesn't necessarily mean S200's though. Could just be a joint competitive procurement, but, I could see it ultimately leading to S200's.`

With the Drop-In Center closed, there are suddenly a lot more homeless on the trains and in the stations this week.

Most so far seem okay, but a constant trend I've noticed is how groups of intoxicated Natives tend to cluster in the seats at the front and back of the S200s.

When the train stops and they go to leave, in their inebriated state they inevitably take too long and then get aggressive at the door closing in their faces.

I'm wondering if maybe removing that little "pod" of seats and just placing more bench along the sides would help. I know, I'm advocating for the removal of the closest thing an S200 has to comfortable seating, but those areas become garbage piles pretty regularly.

1 hour ago, chills_on_the_train said:

With the Drop-In Center closed, there are suddenly a lot more homeless on the trains and in the stations this week.

Most so far seem okay, but a constant trend I've noticed is how groups of intoxicated Natives tend to cluster in the seats at the front and back of the S200s.

When the train stops and they go to leave, in their inebriated state they inevitably take too long and then get aggressive at the door closing in their faces.

I'm wondering if maybe removing that little "pod" of seats and just placing more bench along the sides would help. I know, I'm advocating for the removal of the closest thing an S200 has to comfortable seating, but those areas become garbage piles pretty regularly.

I wholeheartedly agree, but they'd better increase the height of the seatbacks of the side facing seats if they do that. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, LRT said:

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

9E2ED99E-FBEF-425B-8ECD-FD7EFEB6AE05.jpeg

3AABCF9B-77F0-43F5-8946-ADCAD90D7650.jpeg

Our s200s had their front panels (below the operators' cab windows) fall off a fair bit, but all they did was just re-engineer some of the connecting locks. Nowhere near as bad as the conductive "insulators" they had at the base of our pantographs 

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, 1604 said:

I noticed in this video the doors when closing now make the beeping noise like the SD160s instead of the (much more pleasant, in my opinion) buzzing.

The door warning sound conversion has been going on for a while already but there still are some cars with the "cricket" like audible signal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did Siemens make the call to use that as a parts car or did Calgary Transit? Down here in SF, Siemens started the pillaging of 2033, but then maintenance continued and used 2012 for a little bit because Siemens was so far behind in resupplying parts. 

17 minutes ago, Andrei said:

Did Siemens make the call to use that as a parts car or did Calgary Transit? Down here in SF, Siemens started the pillaging of 2033, but then maintenance continued and used 2012 for a little bit because Siemens was so far behind in resupplying parts. 

There’s a bit of a story to 2467. During a test run on test track it didn’t stop in time and it hit the bumper and caused damage to one of the trucks. The damage truck got sent back to California and God knows who knows what’s going on with that right now. I believe it is being used as a parts car but that would be Siemens call not Calgary Transit.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 6:16 PM, Nick B said:

Has #2469 been in service? It's the only one aside #2467 that hasn't been reported.

I see 2467 almost every day! It hasn’t moved for almost over a year and it’s got a ton of dust on it. 

it’s never been in service. It’s probably only seen the light of day a handful of times testing until it hit the bumper on test track. 

Seems like car 2422 has become a guinea pig car. 

currently testing new types of stanchions I didn’t get a very good look on the inside but I did manage to capture a picture today. 

Must be something to do with the series 10 improvements. 

I hope the stanchions get changed on these things. The angle on them are horrible every time I walked her in the strains are just about smashed my head on them. 

1127D695-77BB-441E-9EB6-B47949E0A269.jpeg

• Like 2

What you see in the photo is just a mockup and will not be used as you'd have to dismantle the whole thing to open the overhead panel. Two other doors on that car have different grab bar configurations as Tech Services are trying to find the best solution to improve street level access on the 9's. Of course, pending favorable feedback, similar setup can be used on the 10's.

• Like 1