LRT

CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

17 minutes ago, green_line_26 said:

Will they ever be?

I'm sure they will be one day. But my guess is as good as yours

Twice in the last week, I’ve seen the overhead infotainment screens in a Series 9 car displaying a digital clock rather than a representation of an analog clock. Is that style of display layout making a comeback?

1 hour ago, downbeat said:

Twice in the last week, I’ve seen the overhead infotainment screens in a Series 9 car displaying a digital clock rather than a representation of an analog clock. Is that style of display layout making a comeback?

I guess us Millenials also just killed off the clocks too... lol but seriously though, that is rather unfortunate. Analog makes it look neater. Digitized time just adds a factor of laziness and dullness into whats supposed to be information display panels. That and I like counting the seconds of how long I'm in the tunnels for, and stuff like that, keeps my mind occupied while I'm being squished into the cars like sardines during rush hour. :P

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for them to start displaying live information on those screens. I wonder when that's going to happen?🤔

56 minutes ago, LRT said:

I'm just waiting for them to start displaying live information on those screens. I wonder when that's going to happen?🤔

On one of the two trains, the display was showing correct station information.

Both were displaying the correct time, so that’s a plus! 😀

1 hour ago, armorand said:

Analog makes it look neater. Digitized time just adds a factor of laziness and dullness into whats supposed to be information display panels. 

I quite like the analog-style display, too. Too bad there’s not room for both.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

Does anyone have any status on 2454?

Still in Sacramento used for some sort of testing.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Also, does anyone have the exact delivery dates for 2464 and 2465?

Google holds the secrets.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, GrandeWest_B35G said:

So are cars 2464-69 series 10?

Negative

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Pantograf said:

Google holds the secrets.

The closest thing I can find is from the wiki, which just says May.

Just saw 2466 parked on the 3rd track behind Anderson station, lights on but blank destination sign. Wouldn't it block trains going in and out of service?

Once all 12 revenue trains are on line after 5 AM, they don't come back in till after midnight so it's only the road tests that might be going in and out and it is possible that 2466 was involved in some yard movement and will be relocated to either the shop or storage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Still there as of one minute ago.

And it could be there for a while as the number of uncommissioned cars on the property has been exceeded.

• Like 1

2464 (one-car train) just went by a few moments ago going westbound at 3rd Street West Station, running out of service. 

• Like 1

2464 is in service on the Blue Line in a three-car consist heading towards 69 Street Station.

Also, When I went down by the pad by Haysboro this weekend, there were no cars to be seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

Also, When I went down by the pad by Haysboro this weekend, there were no cars to be seen.

Car 2467 was crossed over into the yard last Wednesday. There were no new deliveries since.