TTC 2012 Orion VII Deliveries and News

Apparently it died yesterday on 7 but I have no substantiated evidence of that but yep it's still there right now. Long wait for 51...

Didnt 8104 show up at wilson then went back to Orion right away when it was NEW wait what am I saying its still NEW lol

Brad

ahahhaahhaa..... go orion for their reliability...not... shouldnt these bugs have already been worked out at the factory...especially since many have already arrived and only in service for a few weeks???

my guess for no paint is because most of the door is glass anyways so why waste the time on a few square feet that takes precision unlike painting a flat metal panel like 8100

8116 was in service this evening on the 11 (along with 8113 and 8102 as the two buses in front of it!).

Just a suggestion: Would it be feasible to split the chart on the first page into "delivered" and "in service" lists? Might make it slightly easier to determine if a particular vehicle has been in service yet.

ahahhaahhaa..... go orion for their reliability...not... shouldnt these bugs have already been worked out at the factory...especially since many have already arrived and only in service for a few weeks???

my guess for no paint is because most of the door is glass anyways so why waste the time on a few square feet that takes precision unlike painting a flat metal panel like 8100

easy there. :blink:

they're not hybrid, but they're not invincible either.

there's almost 25 of them out there now and aside from 8100's teething problems, this is the first

breakdown i've seen or heard of. for a transit bus i'd say they're doing okay....so far.

remember both Nova and Newflyer get their Cummins engines and Allison transmissions

off the exact same line as orion does.....they're not as different as you think.

in all honesty i think the paint goes on first, then all the doors and moulding are installed.

i dunno....it could be painted if they wanted to, they're just follwing the ttc's spec's.

in all honesty i think the paint goes on first, then all the doors and moulding are installed.

i dunno....it could be painted if they wanted to, they're just follwing the ttc's spec's.

What I have noticed though, is when comparing them to the Vapor doors that were installed on a few NG Hybrids, the lower portion of those on the 81xx's isn't glass (or if it is, it's painted) so only the upper portion can be viewed through. I'm wondering if TTC got spooked by the chance of people kicking the lower glass panels?

8116 was in service this evening on the 11 (along with 8113 and 8102 as the two buses in front of it!).

Just a suggestion: Would it be feasible to split the chart on the first page into "delivered" and "in service" lists? Might make it slightly easier to determine if a particular vehicle has been in service yet.

Not a bad idea, but isn't it usually only a few days between delivery and service? I don't mind keeping track of buses with issues that force it from entering service for a long period of time, but tracking deliveries that go into service within a week seems a little tedious.

What I have noticed though, is when comparing them to the Vapor doors that were installed on a few NG Hybrids, the lower portion of those on the 81xx's isn't glass (or if it is, it's painted) so only the upper portion can be viewed through. I'm wondering if TTC got spooked by the chance of people kicking the lower glass panels?

probably.

i think glass on the lower half is a bad idea too (around here, anyhow).

8137 arrived yesterday, blue lights not working.

they intentionally unplug them prior to leaving the factory in Oriskany.

the ttc got a variance from the Ontario ministry of transport to use them.

But in New York DOT land, they're still illegal on anything but snow removal equipment.

they get re-connected during PDI.

-hope that clears this up.