TTC Orion VII Movement List

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if 8300-8396 would eventually be moved to Queensway while the rest of the 7900-7979 and 8000-8099 retires. 
According to the CPTDB wiki, there are 90 vehicles still needed to be retired. 

once all of 8100-8219 moves to the Queensway, I am wondering if 8300-8396 will follow the suit. 

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

I am wondering if 8300-8396 would eventually be moved to Queensway while the rest of the 7900-7979 and 8000-8099 retires. 

once all of 8100-8219 moves to the Queensway, I am wondering if 8300-8396 will follow the suit. 

TTC has a crazy plan to retire all Orions by 2025 and procure a massive ebus fleet. There is a chance Queensway would see some new buses or half a year old handmedowns. I know that will offend some of you guys here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

The only issue with the 8300s are their roof mounted HVAC units and the low clearance at Queensway so if that is going to be an issue, then Queensway would get 32xx-33xx from McNicoll instead.

8 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

The only issue with the 8300s are their roof mounted HVAC units and the low clearance at Queensway so if that is going to be an issue, then Queensway would get 32xx-33xx from McNicoll instead.

Which also have roof hvac.

It’s the hybrids that present the clearance issue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, raptorjays said:

I am wondering if 8300-8396 would eventually be moved to Queen while the rest of the 7900-7979 and 8000-8099 retires. 

They can't enter Queensway, they are taller than the lfs diesel

Im also hearing lots of rumors of 83xx moving to eglinton, which I believe to false as well

Let's just split the 83xx amongst all 8 garages 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

The clearance to safely work on them could be a problem considering that the Orions are taller than the novas.

Queensway appears to have clearance issues where the walls are that seperate each section of the storage bays. I believe it's the blue vents that are too low. So avoiding those rows could a solution if they want hybrids. I believe that's 4 rows max, if I remember correctly. 

As for working on them in the maintenance area, I'm not sure what clearance issues they would have, because the ceiling is much higher to accommodate a bus on the hoist. And they have ladders to access the top of buses for novas when in the ground. It's been a little while since I been at Queensway. 

Are the condensers on the back of Novas that much higher than the battery on the Nova hybrids? Or any hybrid Flyer? Any Orion hybrid for sure would be too high for Queensway.

What's the max height for the clear issues at queensway, and the height of the Nova and Flyer hybrids?

12 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

The clearance to safely work on them could be a problem considering that the Orions are taller than the novas.

IMG_3020.thumb.jpeg.febb1938e08a60c88e111e76063a3206.jpeg

I’m through repeating myself. The clearance restrictions only apply to the older hybrids, and this is why. The 83s would be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

Hmm if that is going to be the case.. 

why some of the 33xx which were sent to the Queensway before moved to McNicoll? 

I thought Queensway would get close to the half of of 3100-3369 since 3330-3339 were designated as an airport bus.. 

PS: No more complain about hand me downs. 

• 2 weeks later...