Today's Sightings

sorry I forgot to remove the quote before I posted. Sorry!

Saw an Orion V on 129 today for 2 consecutive days. the bus service for 129 is not reliable as there is a Indian parade along the McCowan Road this afternoon.

Yea.. I seen 7113 on McCowan north today at Hwy 7/McCowan.

I joined my dad today on his regular Sunday evening transit trip which went like this: 506 Carlton from Gerrard & Main to College & Dufferin, 29 Dufferin from College to St. Clair, 512 St.Clair from Dufferin to St. Clair West Stn, Subway from St. Clair West to Main Street Stn except today we went to St. Clair and Yonge and then took the subway home. It was pretty fun, got to ride my first Hybrid, 1038, on 512. I saw lots of Hybrids and 2 1991 Vs, the Hybrids I saw were 1038(rode it), 1046, 1049, 1066 & 105X IIRC and the Vs I saw were 6698 & 6737(I guess it's still at Bmount). I must say the Hybrids are pretty nice, they brake pretty quickly.

I wish I had known BEFORE I got on 231 at Finch Station that the 2 goes right directly into the middle of nowhere! :P

In fact I believe I have a photo of said sighting... I'll post it when I get it off my camera.

LOL... You must have been on the Milliken GO Special run! Yeah.. A lot of people look very confused when the route 2 makes that turn onto old kennedy.

I wish I had known BEFORE I got on 231 at Finch Station that the 2 goes right directly into the middle of nowhere! dry.gif

In fact I believe I have a photo of said sighting... I'll post it when I get it off my camera.

It does not go into the middle of nowwhere! :P

LOL... You must have been on the Milliken GO Special run! Yeah.. A lot of people look very confused when the route 2 makes that turn onto old kennedy.

It still baffles me the 2 Milliken bus serves where the Milliken GO Station once was before its subsequent relocation instead of its current location which is the south side of Steeles. How would people catch the bus? Jaywalk? Do they plan to change the routing anytime soon?

Here ya go.... #304 was used on 202 this afternoon!

On the topic of GO shuttles, did the same bus placements occur for the Markham GO Shuttle and as well for the defunct Centennial and Langstaff GO Shuttles?

General sightings from today.

Saw GO cabbage car 227 out today. Didn't have time to get a pic. Also rode the rebuilt (awhile ago) GO 2308 which looks just like a modern 26xx interior.

GO 2315 highest new D4500CT spotted out today.

And I was passing thru Union GO Bus terminal and there were 4 GO 1600's there at once! Managed to squeeze 3 in a photo. The 1500 series 102A2's are still out and racking up the miles.

TTC T2 mockups 5344 (leading consist) and 5345 were out today on the YUS line with 5276/77 and another set. Didn't see if the seating arrangement was altered again as they wizzed by me.

TTC 5818 was having some door problems today at Yonge in the PM and it was announced for all passengers to leave that car as it would be not in service.

One quick exSTCUM spotting: TTC 2609 was on the 96

And there was a Greyhound bus (102DL3-ish model) being towed along the Gardiner today in the afternoon.

It still baffles me the 2 Milliken bus serves where the Milliken GO Station once was before its subsequent relocation instead of its current location which is the south side of Steeles. How would people catch the bus? Jaywalk? Do they plan to change the routing anytime soon?

The actual location of the 2 Milliken YRT Shuttle is at the southwest corner of Old Kennedy Road near Steeles. I agree, it would be cool if it could meet passengers on the south side of Steeles :P