Missing in Action buses

On 12/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, 7969 said:

Was there a specific cause of its retirement or is the 7900 fleet starting to go?  

There is no official source about this but it could be a sign that the 79xx series are going to be canned as mentioned by Rowan in the past even though we quickly denied his claim several times. However, until there is an official source stating this, the debate on this will continue unfortunately...

Edited by Shemar
  • Like 2

Ok cause I’ve seen it on 32 once but couldn’t remember the bus number 

On 12/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, 7969 said:

Was there a specific cause of its retirement or is the 7900 fleet starting to go?  

Besides the ones that are converted or retired due to fires or crashes (if any ) I think all are still active and I believe all are at Queensway 

35 minutes ago, TTC 7300 series said:

Ok cause I’ve seen it on 32 once but couldn’t remember the bus number 

Besides the ones that are converted or retired due to fires or crashes (if any ) I think all are still active and I believe all are at Queensway 

That’s not really what I asked.  I was more wondering if there was a reason they were retiring, not which ones retired.

27 minutes ago, Newflyerinvero3 said:

Don’t take my word for this but 7946 might be retired as it’s driver door was taped shut last night and has not been tracking since. Also can u guys listen to shemar and Rowan about the 79xx it’s getting ridiculous. This is just an estimate 7946 might be active tmrw idk. Also one question how come nobody reports the hybrids having their fuel doors taped shut

Because they never get it taped shut. The only one i know of is 1805

I rarely post on this forum but I have to point out based upon my search on the internal computer's allocation listing today, 7935 is NOT retired. Buses can be out of service for various of reasons such as waiting for parts or something. 

41 minutes ago, Mrnovabus8787 said:

7935 is retired confirmed and you guys are still in denial.

Proof that 7935 is still on the allocation listing. This was taken this morning from the Queensway computer. 

7935.thumb.jpg.5b913272239c3fb4b38008512c6db204.jpg

24 minutes ago, Mrnovabus8787 said:

5C302064-5650-49AA-A04D-C427D8A1BED0.png

I dare you to use that as an academic source for any university research paper. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrnovabus8787 said:

5C302064-5650-49AA-A04D-C427D8A1BED0.png

Just because they know someone at TTC means nothing to anybody. Never trust what an operator says. Wait for the official source. That is how it should be. Only post it if you have physical evidence to back up your claim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Because they never get it taped shut. The only one i know of is 1805

The hybrid retirements are not planned ahead of time like the Detroit Diesel units. They’re pulled on the basis of major high voltage component failure, traction generator, motor and the like. 

This is likely to change in the near future however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Novabusrowan said:

Let’s see if it’s tracking tmrw. Usually if it’s not tracking in a week it’s retired so let’s see

I'm not exactly sure what makes *you* the authoritative source on what makes a bus retired.

This goes out to all members: As we have seen just in the last day with 7935, STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ON WHAT BUSES ARE RETIRED ONLY USING THE ONLINE TRACKERS. The trackers are NOT 100% accurate, and there are literally dozens of reasons a bus may be out of service for longer than 2 consecutive days. If it takes a few days to confirm a unit is retired, SO WHAT??? It is much more valuable to have correct information than it is to have fast information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

25 minutes ago, Novabusrowan said:

Let’s see if it’s tracking tmrw. Usually if it’s not tracking in a week it’s retired so let’s see

Welcome back Rowan. Do you think you are an TTC employee? Please stop making assumptions and according to the allocation sheet, it is still active. None of the buses have their parts stripped off.

7 minutes ago, Articulated said:

I'm not exactly sure what makes *you* the authoritative source on what makes a bus retired.

+1