409 Thornton

Missing in Action buses

210 posts in this topic

This thread is to discuss missing in action buses for the rest of the GTA.

DRT 8159 saw action on 401 Simcoe yesterday, its been at least 2 weeks since its last apperance.

Over the past week or 2 i've seen 8159 quite a few times pass thru the terminal at the wal-mart on Harmony Road.

Over the past week or 2 i've seen 8159 quite a few times pass thru the terminal at the wal-mart on Harmony Road.

Really? I haven't seen it since...July 23rd, and I haven't ridden it since June.

one Eglinton bus was definitely involved in an engine fire westbound at Midland and Eglinton last Tuesday. From what I heard it was 7412 that was involved in an engine. Thankfully the driver deployed the fire suppression system.

Even if he didn't press the button, there are multiple sensors in the engine compartment that will deploy it for them.

Nextbus says 1811 is back after being Mia for 2 months. Buses like 1094 and 1726 are still Mia. Bus_medic, maybe you know something about them?

For Mount Dennis, I haven't seen 1643 on any of the bus tracker app since January. Is it dead? or retired?

For Mount Dennis, I haven't seen 1643 on any of the bus tracker app since January. Is it dead? or retired?

You can't just visit transsee once a day to track buses. It involves sighting that bus and tracking it at different times of the day.

1643 was on the 161 yesterday according to nextbus.

Unless it's a catastrophic bus fire, all Orion VII's are to be repaired.

actually it depends on the cost of repairing the bus. If cost exceed the value of the bus, it won't be repaired. For example an Orion 6 fell off the hoist, it was written off after that accident.

Nextbus says 1811 is back after being Mia for 2 months. Buses like 1094 and 1726 are still Mia. Bus_medic, maybe you know something about them?

A question for you guys - is there a site with info from past Nextbus feeds, or do you only note a bus is MIA by checking on TransSee frequently?

A question for you guys - is there a site with info from past Nextbus feeds, or do you only note a bus is MIA by checking on TransSee frequently?

No that I know of, the only way is to track it yourself day and night. You can write your own program to track it day and night.

1811 is back a few weeks ago. 1094 and 1726 are still dead to this day.

What bus apps show the ttc bus fleet

Transsee allows you to see what vehicles are in service.

You can't find out what buses does TTC don't have in service.

9417 or 9428 haven't show up in a LONG time

1114 had its fire suppression deployed today at Kennedy Station. No fire damage to the bus. Same thing with 7781 except its suppression system deployed on Friday right outside of Kennedy Station doing 21 Brimley.

Fixed that bus today ( 1114). Water got inside one of the infrared sensors.

Well, yes obviously after tracking down the culprit of the false alarm in the first place

7647 for whatever reason have its engine and possibly the air conditioning unit removed. It is currently sitting at Eglinton garage.

No that I know of, the only way is to track it yourself day and night. You can write your own program to track it day and night.

1811 is back a few weeks ago. 1094 and 1726 are still dead to this day.

1726 is at Malvern according to the sammdot.ca tracker. 1094 doesn't show up at all.

1726 is at Malvern according to the sammdot.ca tracker. 1094 doesn't show up at all.

1094 came back to life a long time ago. Sometime early in the summer.

1726 is dead since 2014.

Indeed it is. Spent the last 3 weeks in malvern renewing it's mto sticker.

Also note that it has the current production 1 piece glass front doors from vapor.

1740 may go missing for awhile, however.