General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

When you say they "run" with Golden Arrow, what do you mean? Does Universal have some kind of agreement/co-operation with Golden Arrow? I still don't see why the new Prevost H3-45 has the Universal logo while it says Golden Arrow on the side...

• Board Admin

I don't actually know how the arrangement works, but there was a collision a while ago involving a UCL/Golden Arrow bus too. My guess is Golden Arrow contracts the equipment out to UCL, as the buses don't have the full Golden Arrow livery and the new units are probably for Golden Arrow work only.

They used to run some in the Lakefront Lines scheme, but they are probably repainted now.

ucl9855183a.jpg

Also have seen this one too.

ucl221.jpg

And they run with Golden Arrow sometimes too:

ga188.jpg

Nice pics, the bronze one certainly gets your attention. Interesting that Universal doesn't put a logo on the sides.

My dad said he saw a blue one on the 2nd but I've never seen one personally (until your picture!).

The Setras sure look nice, when I first saw it I was like "OMG! There's actually a nice coach in Thunder Bay!! :P) but I saw in our "community" paper that the NDP were unhappy because it was built by the DaimlerChrystler group, which is a company in Germany, instead of being built by MCI in Winnipeg. :P Personally, I like the Setra S417 best. It's my birthday too :lol:

Spotted 2 buses with same paint scheme with a sign saying "school bus" in the front windshield heading east on 4th avenue, i believe one was Fraser Valley and the other was Nicola Valley bus lines..?

As well heading westbound on Broadway was an Insight Tours Traxx Vanhool C series coach, a CBLBC Prevost, and a Perimeter DL3.

Also spotted the bronze UCL Prevost heading westbound on Kingsway and making a left turn onto 41st Avenue.

• Board Admin

Saw my first new livery Greyhound DL3 tonight. It had the red and blue stripes along the top, and the large dog on the side with light grey GREYHOUND lettering. And the chrome-looking dog on the front.

Diversified 2746 has round turn signal lights like Greyhound's, so I wonder who's old coach that was...

2706 (black, no front fleet number) was out heading for Yellowhead Trail.

2736 had its hazards on at 97 Street and 111 Avenue, blocking the south-to-east turn lane.

• Board Admin

Greyhound 1199 was on a flatbed trailer at the Yellowhead facility. Saw it later on Kingsway Avenue under its own power, driver had a reflective vest.

There were 4 Gs there, but on my way back home there was only one and a couple of DL3s. They must move really fast there.

Some Cs and/or Ds getting parted out in the back, and there's a L22x unit there too, but couldn't see if there was any parts taken off it. Need a big zoom lens.

Hey guys, have a look at these. Apparently these are about to become Quick 1702 & 1703. This was e-mailed to me by one of the CBL drivers that went north to Alaska to pick them up and bring them home.

Spotted this morning at Ballantyne Pier...

qcl1702uj9.jpg

Spotted this morning at Ballantyne Pier...

qcl1702uj9.jpg

Nice photo George. Apparently it didn't take them too long to get those ladies ready for service.

Saw my first new livery Greyhound DL3 tonight. It had the red and blue stripes along the top, and the large dog on the side with light grey GREYHOUND lettering. And the chrome-looking dog on the front.

A DL3 with the new livery including the red an blue stripes on top huh. Probably was 1068.

• Board Admin

Lots of coaches at the maintenance facility on Yellowhead - pretty well one of each type of bus (except MC-9) was there. More Gs than anything else though!

Saw on the news yesterday Bi-West Translines 746 brought David Beckham in.

Lots of coaches at the maintenance facility on Yellowhead - pretty well one of each type of bus (except MC-9) was there. More Gs than anything else though!

Saw on the news yesterday Bi-West Translines 746 brought David Beckham in.

Yeah, we move pretty fast at the shop, usually push out close to 20ish units a night... Best time to come by and see the yard is anytime after midnight as the last runs head out from the shop at midnight... As far as the dead buses, I've got some pictures but they're pretty much robbed of anything useful... Just taking up space