General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

George were the Top Hot units full sized coaches or Mini's?

Lord help us if they had been minis! The ironic thing is that I was faced with the task of loading that coach single-handedly, and because of luggage space constraints the bus cleared the airport with only 24 passengers on board - and that's a 47 seater.

I am told that Top Hat was used several times for Gateway runs last summer, and that sometimes minis were provided - now THAT was a pain in the arse.

Nope. I was on Broadway and only saw the front and a bit of the side of the bus. When did CBL get an entertainer Prevost H3-45?

And do you have to have a bus ticket to be allowed inside the bus depot?

Spotted Perimeter 803 heading south on Granville at Broadway. I believe the coach was empty..?

Actually at the time of these photos of 2604 I was still working for CBL and was on the platform because of an overload trip to Whistler for Greyhound. Now that I'm actually working for Greyhound it makes life that much easier for photos.

As for CBL's H345 entertainer, They picked her up last year used from South Dakota. She was the coach used by David Suzuki during his "If I were Prime Minister" tour. How's that for a first trip with the new owners. The only indication that she is a CBL coach is the company name on the back of the coach.

I see this bus has gone through a major transformation - headlights and frameless windows, very nice.

I wonder why Prevost stopped using the "plexi-glass" on the board near the front row, because i personally prefer that over the handle it has now, but i guess the passengers use the glass as a handle too much and it snaps?

Hey guys, have a look at these. Apparently these are about to become Quick 1702 & 1703. This was e-mailed to me by one of the CBL drivers that went north to Alaska to pick them up and bring them home.

Anyone know who resurected Fraser Valley Bus and Charter? Yesterday I was driving Greyhound 1218 west on first Ave at Victoria when I saw an H341 going the other way with the name Fraser Valley Bus and Charter on the side. I can't say as I like the choice of livery but the coach looked really nice otherwise. Too bad I couldn't get a photo. In case anyone is cuiorus, she was live at the time I saw her. She was on some school field trip, probably coming from Science World.

QCL_1703_1702_EastofPalmerAK.jpg

• Board Admin
Sainte-Claire, Quebec, February 21st 2008 – Prevost received

notification from Detroit Diesel that Daimler AG plans to discontinue

selling Detroit Diesel engines to companies outside of the Daimler

family. Beginning in 2010 Detroit Diesel will no longer be active in

the Motor Coach market or the Fire Truck market in North America

except for businesses owned by Daimler. Detroit Diesel has assured us

that they will fully support all of our vehicles equipped with Detroit

Diesel engines now and in the future. Prevost has duly signed

agreements with Detroit Diesel in that regards. It is unfortunate that

Daimler has decided to take some of the choices away from coach owners

and operators in North America.

This announcement will accelerate Prevost's strategy to offer Volvo

engines to the various coach markets that we serve. Prevost is in a

unique position among bus manufacturers in North America due to the

fact that our parent company is AB Volvo. Volvo is the leading heavy

duty diesel engines manufacturer in the world. Volvo engines are

environmentally friendly and well designed with superior fuel economy,

performance and durability. In North America Volvo engines can be

found in Prevost coaches, Volvo coaches, Volvo trucks, Mack trucks and

Volvo construction equipment.

The after market service points for Volvo engines are extensive.

Prevost is in the process of identifying and providing bus specific

training for the service centers that will best suit our customers.

All Prevost Service Centers will be fully qualified to work on Volvo

engines, giving our customers the convenience of one stop shopping.

Prevost is diligently working to maintain our leadership in the

marketplace. As we develop engine solutions going forward, we will

communicate them to our customers.

I suppose this is a way of trying to increase sales of Setra S417 coaches. Though I can't see Prevost and Motor Coach Industries losing very much ground at all. Both have much larger market share then Setra does and likely would have the resources to go elsewhere for quality engines. Volvo, CAT or maybe even Cummins. When Detroit Diesel stopped offering Seres 50 for transit buses, the transit industry simply went to Cummins and CAT.

Its a shame that this is how they choose to boost Setra sales in North America and I don't think it will work very well.

728.jpg

I believe some were curious as to if Red Arrow #726 had the updated front end like #'s 727 and 728. Well, this evening I saw it in Calgary getting ready to depart on the 1800 trip to Edmonton and saw that it too has the updated front end. Not sure if the windsheild was still the older 4 peice or the newer two peice. I may see this coach again tomorrow night and will check for more details if I can.

• Board Admin

Yesterday - Drayton Valley Bus Association 107 (MC-9) and a white D3 numbered 302 were in Edmonton. On the next street over were Bi-West 744 (Good Friends Good Traveling H3-45) and 746 (J4500).