General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

With it happening so often with one particular carrier it should be reported in my opinion. I hear you on the working part the two DL's that were at the depot looked pretty ragged. It's not just the G's that are duct taped together.

Was I on a DL? I thought I was on a G. Anywho, once I got to Kamloops I pawned that coach off on another driver and got to take a D4505 (1274) home an hour later.

You were on G there was a DL that departed before you & then the DL that was doing Vancouver via the Okanagan. Were there many/any coaches at the spike when you went by?

Not when I went by. Shouldn't be too long before they start showing up though.

Beaver Bus Lines 77 and 79 (DL3s) were in Edmonton today.

As were Greyhound 931, 980, and 1130.

This was on the front page of the Journal today:

11672-3523.jpg

Looked like the fleet number was 987.

Where was that picture taken, Ashton?

Well, it seems that the MCI MC-9 operated by Sunshine Coach in Calgary is Ex-Greyhound #769. See Attached photo showing the Ex-Greyhound fleet number still on the inside of the pasenger door. Its possible that this number is from a different company, but the specs and age of the coahc match up to Greyhound #769 - a 1984 MCI MC-9.

sunshine769.jpg

Well, it seems that Pinnacle (Banff, Alberta) has picked up a new addition to their fleet either that or I just never knew about this particular coach. It is either a brand new H3-45 or a recapped older H3-45 plain white with Pinnacle name and logo on the right side (Not sure about the left side) and fleet numbers on the front only - #9246. It was spotted heading West on Highway 1 in Calgary probably heading back home to Banff.

Spotted Universal Coach Lines unit 821 MCI J4500 in Chinatown, and another UCL MCI EL3 (gray color) going towards Vancouver Convention Center and Pan Pacific Hotel along with a MTR Western Prevost H3-45 (with Polar Bear design on back). As well, Greyhound 1169 parked in front Vancouver Convention Center.

As well, Greyhound 1169 parked in front Vancouver Convention Center.
I wish I had known you were around there. I was driving 1169 on a one way charter to Kelowna yesterday when you saw her.

• Board Admin

Spotted 2 of the white Canadian Armed Forces Setras today. Luciak 55 was also at YEG.

Well, it seems that the MCI MC-9 operated by Sunshine Coach in Calgary is Ex-Greyhound #769. See Attached photo showing the Ex-Greyhound fleet number still on the inside of the pasenger door. Its possible that this number is from a different company, but the specs and age of the coach match up to Greyhound #769 - a 1984 MCI MC-9.
Interesting lights on the rear!
Sightline Tours Prevost H3-45 new style on Night Street heading southbound - for those of you who don't know already, this is a new subsidiary of MTR Western that operates daily per capita tours in Vacouver.
Do they have a different paint scheme from the MTR Western coaches?

Do they have a different paint scheme from the MTR Western coaches?

Yes, Sightline Tours Prevosts have a blue paint scheme with Sightline Tours written in gray/silver on the side instead of the traditional MTR Western paint scheme.

Lots of coach spottings today at/near the Pacific Truck X-ing, including 1 Starline MCI J4500, at least 6 International Stage Lines MCI J4500 and around 2/3 MCI A3, a Canada Forces Setra S417, a few MTR Western Prevost H3-45s as well in addition to a Prevost H3-45 of Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia; a few Quicks and Greyhounds were there as well.