General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Nice! And right beside a Canada West E series coach of which I would assume you photographed? :-)

I wanted to, but she was in tight between the Oil King bus and a large motorhome, so I couldn't get a good angle. Maybe next time :P

Was that Canada West #732? That coach worked for me last weekend...

I forgot to note the number, sorry.

Last week in WPG I saw a coach that appeared to be a 102C3, completely white only with GREYHOUND written on the side. No other markings, no swoosh, no nothing. Just plain white + the name. I saw it from a block away so no fleet number and I may even be wrong about the model.

Anyone have any idea what this might have been? Perhaps someone might have a photo?

I've also seen that bus, or a similiar one from a distance. I thought it was a "C" series, too.

Sweet Vanhool. Do you know if they are going to get the same livery put on?

That livery would work well on the Vanhools but if the ABC coach 611 is any indication, they will probably be looking at a different livery on the Vanhools. Next time I get an opportunity I'll snap a shot of 611 I'll post it and show you what she looks like.

• Board Admin
July 7, 2008

Bus, flat-deck truck collide near Fort McMurray

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

FORT MCMURRAY, Alta. - Two people have been seriously injured in a collision between a bus and a flat-deck truck on Highway 63 in northern Alberta.

RCMP say the bus driver and his lone male passenger were hurt when they were sent flying by the impact of the crash on the outskirts of Fort McMurray.

Both men were being flown to Edmonton via air ambulance and were reported to be in critical condition.

Police say the cause of the collision is still under investigation, although it appears the bus turned into the path of the truck.

Highway 63 is the main link between Edmonton and Alberta's oilsands and is considered one of the most dangerous roads in the province.

Between 2001 and 2005, there were more than 1,000 collisions that resulted in 25 deaths and 257 injuries.

Saw part of the bus on the news, and it was a white base paint DL3, numbered 9755 or something like that. Looks like it had dark green stripes along the top, and a somewhat wavy dark green pattern on the side.

Was that Canada West #732? That coach worked for me last weekend...

If you're talking about a Canada West 102 E series then 732 is the only one they have. Everything else with the exception of 997 (a 102C3) and one mini coach I have yet to get close enough to get the fleet number of is prevost. 675 and 676 are Lemirage XLs with 676 actually being ex CBL 717. All the 700's with the exception of 732 are Prevost H series including one H340 and several H345's.

that first bus looks like an old cha-co trails(7807,08)they were taken over when cha-co was sold to laidlaw....they were being used for line runs between windsor and toronto for greyhound....havent seen them in a bit

If I'm not mistaken, that first bus is ex Fraser Valley 770. I see a D3 in the second photo that also looks like an ex Fraser Valley coach.

Hey guys! Look what I found in the Vancouver Greyhound yard on July 9. There is a part of me wondering if this is where one of the Maverick J4500's went. Only the Greyhound mechanic I saw parking it told me she was only a year old or so.

DSCN0425.JPG

• Board Admin

Another member on this board from Calgary messaged me about their J, I wonder if it was passing through there before reaching Vancouver?

Maverick's scheme was a lighter blue:

maverick-coach_803.jpg

From Kevin's Bus and Rail Page

That looks like Brewster 327 I took photos of, but maybe more metallic and with better rims:

brewster327.jpg

I know Great Canadian has Setras, and Prevost H3-45s also.

EDIT: Found this:

ANNOUNCEMENT...Great Canadian Coaches to take delivery of two 2008 MCI J model Coaches in mid-April.

We are excited to announce that Great Canadian Coaches has confirmed delivery of two new MCI J model coaches. This will bring our fleet size to 40 highway motorcoaches. GO GREEN...GO BLUE.

Featuring the new 2007 epa engine, these coaches are the most environmentally friendly coach available.

Hey guys! Look what I found in the Vancouver Greyhound yard on July 9. There is a part of me wondering if this is where one of the Maverick J4500's went. Only the Greyhound mechanic I saw parking it told me she was only a year old or so.

Nice! Here are a couple of photos I got of Great Canadian #4354 yesterday at the Calgary Stempede:

8248canadian4354.jpg

8252canadian4354.jpg

8253canadian4354.jpg

And Here is #1876 also at the Stampede yesterday.

8255canadian1876.jpg

8260canadian1876.jpg

Aren't those murals gorgeous on the sides of all those Kitchener (Ont) based GC buses? I also appreciate their rather unique coach numering style, always in reference to an important date in Canadian History. Like 1502 on the giant flag bus, or 1111 on a bus honouring veterans. I wonder what 4356 means. Also interesting to note the "Trailways" sign. They changed their name slightly?

Thanks Peter, great shots including the rear view!

Interesting (and unfortunate) to note these lack the ON PRP Bus plates (BP2 series) that GC was using for a while.