Finch West LRT

yrt304

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

See, CLC minutes actually inform the public how far the project is and likely completion date. The fact no one has posted one on the Eglinton crosstown means no one has any actual idea when it will get done. I can say Finch West LRT is very much close to completion and ready for testing.

P.S. I like the overhead information signs used as it is simple to decipher info on where you want to go. Not like the ones used on line 4. I wish GO, TTC and other transit agencies would adopt it with the addition of the direction the train is going after the line number (e.g. 6 West/Ouest to/Vers Humber College)

16 hours ago, erniewitt said:

See, CLC minutes actually inform the public how far the project is and likely completion date. The fact no one has posted one on the Eglinton crosstown means no one has any actual idea when it will get done. I can say Finch West LRT is very much close to completion and ready for testing.

Eglinton's CLC presentations happen every 2 months, and in 4 separate sections along the line. They get published on the website shortly after they occur.

Dan

On 11/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, erniewitt said:

P.S. I like the overhead information signs used as it is simple to decipher info on where you want to go. Not like the ones used on line 4. I wish GO, TTC and other transit agencies would adopt it with the addition of the direction the train is going after the line number (e.g. 6 West/Ouest to/Vers Humber College)

Don’t forget also that Metrolinx is uploading the station flyover videos supposedly “every week”. You can check them out there to see the inside/outside of the station. It’s on their main YouTube channel, or in any other socials they have.

1 hour ago, AUserofToronto said:

The 2024 Proposed Annual Plan for the Finch West LRT.

image.png

I also posted this on the TTC Service Changes thread as well. This is going to suck for people between Keele and Humber College unless the TTC can keep bus service on the 36 FINCH WEST as local to the express LINE 6.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

I also posted this on the TTC Service Changes thread as well. This is going to suck for people between Keele and Humber College unless the TTC can keep bus service on the 36 FINCH WEST as local to the express LINE 6.

The buses will be stuck in traffic and people can walk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Passengers along that section are already use to the stop spacing since some stops, which the automated announcements still announce, were removed over two years ago due to the construction. Of the stops between between Keele and Westmore that were maintained during construction for the most part, only 6 will not be served by Line 6 (Romfield Lane, Jayzel Dr, Milady Rd, Kendleton Dr, Silverstone Dr/John Garland Blvd and Damascus Dr). All 6 are within a 5 minute or less walk to a Line 6 stop. 3 of them will also still be served by buses, 119B & 166 for Jayzel, and 927 as well as MiWay, BT and YRT (with fare integration) for Silverstone/John Garland and Damascus.

• Like 2

Silverstone/John Garland are an odd omission, as those are the major residential collector in the area. I haven't been through there recently; where is the stop for Martin Grove? Something in between Martin Grove and Sliverstone/JG would get lots of business.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Silverstone/John Garland are an odd omission, as those are the major residential collector in the area. I haven't been through there recently; where is the stop for Martin Grove? Something in between Martin Grove and Sliverstone/JG would get lots of business.

Martin Grove has a centre platform on the west side of the intersection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...