Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Is Greyhound simply adding a 5 to the refurbished GCTC buses' fleet numbers?

No.

Greyhound subsidiaries in the US all have 5-digit fleet numbering. This bus has simply been transferred up from one of them. I'm not sure which specific subsidiary this one is from though.

I have a photo of 51152 dating back to August 2013, so it's been in Canada for about a year or longer.

No.

Greyhound subsidiaries in the US all have 5-digit fleet numbering. This bus has simply been transferred up from one of them. I'm not sure which specific subsidiary this one is from though.

I have a photo of 51152 dating back to August 2013, so it's been in Canada for about a year or longer.

For some reason, I'm thinking it might be TNM&O; ex-Vermont Transit coaches were renumbered into the 4xxxx-series while ex-Carolina Trailways buses kept their 85xxx-series numbers when GLI bought them.

For some reason, I'm thinking it might be TNM&O; ex-Vermont Transit coaches were renumbered into the 4xxxx-series while ex-Carolina Trailways buses kept their 85xxx-series numbers when GLI bought them.

TNM&O generally had fleet numbers in the 3xxxx based off of what was transferred into Canada in the 34xx series.

I have question about the Bolt Bus and Greyhound scheds to Seattle from Vancouver. Mind you I never have ridden the 'Hound before at all so I am not familiar with the schedules so excuse my lack of knowledge of this. I compared the BoltBus and the Greyhound schedules to Seattle and found that both have about 4 or 5 departures (?) and the Greyhound departure time seem to fall in between most of Bolt's departures. Did greyhound intend to do this to give passengers more options in case of if one time or the other doesn't work for the rider? I was curious about this because I didn't know Greyhound would run a separate Seattle schedule when they rolled out BoltBus on the West Coast. Thanks guys!

I assume 1096,7,8,1100 are all on the Island still along with some 3400 series. But is their any of the 6500 series still their or are they retired?

I haven't seen any of the 6500's in a long time. It could be that they have been retired or running elsewhere in BC.

A few photos I took this past week:

First image is at Chicago, rehabbed Van Hool 3269. Never thought I'd see a Van Hool get rebuilt:

image (3).jpg

The next pic is the bus I rode from Cleveland to Chicago, taken at the service plaza in Elkhart on the Indiana Toll Road (one of the worst roadways I've riden on in a bus):

image (2).jpg

The last three were taken during my layover at Cleveland. The first one is a rehabbed G series with the engine cover up, followed by an un-rehabbed G, then a Van Hool and a D series.

image.jpg image (4).jpg image (1).jpg

• 4 weeks later...