Today's Special Sightings

Yes, maybe possible. But I never see any 29 Dufferin with Arrow routes. A dietroit diesel is a changeoff. Please tell me the fleet number of it. So, what about D40-89'S they were on only 29 Dufferin. Besides it is a changoff to spot a 7425 on 29. So, the dietroit diesels are going to be on Wilson in the future? So, Malvern was on 54(which is Eglinton and 34 which is Eglinton also.

:huh:;) Never mind, if changoffs are going to happen,fine.

Did anyone get hurt? :) What is it doing there operating route 53?

See what I mean? First you insist that it is not possible without even knowing what you are talking about. Then when someone points it out to you, you admit yes, it may be possible, and can't accept the fact you are wrong 99% of the time! Why don't you stop and think before posting jibberish or better yet ask, although even then it probably won't make any difference.

Trouble. People will find it strange and ask the same question that I asked. Now I wonder, is the buses entering Union Station and Spadina Station tunnel? :huh:

No shuttle buses were just running from Bloor and Spadina down to Adelaide where they loop and head back north.

All the buses I saw on 95 were Orion Vs which were 7 including the one I was on which was 7128. This was in between Midland and York Mills Station. I am somewhat surprised that many Orions made it out on to 95. 7073 was also on 131. Also an unidentified VII is on the 17.

All the buses I saw on 95 were Orion Vs which were 7 including the one I was on which was 7128. This was in between Midland and York Mills Station. I am somewhat surprised that many Orions made it out on to 95. 7073 was also on 131. Also an unidentified VII is on the 17.

I saw 7101 as well on 95 when I was in the SRT shuttle 7877...

Could be a Short Turn Happens on Keele atleast once a week

but where does the bus turn? it doesent say on the map. once i did see the 41s and it said it goes short turn at at st.clair.

in the summer i saw 79s. i never saw it before eather and it dosn't say anying on the map. why doesnt the ttc map doesnt say anything about these kind of things?

but where does the bus turn? it doesent say on the map. once i did see the 41s and it said it goes short turn at at st.clair.

in the summer i saw 79s. i never saw it before eather and it dosn't say anying on the map. why doesnt the ttc map doesnt say anything about these kind of things?

Short turns are IMO unscheduled, sometimes unexpected and can turn anywhere on the route where needed to get back to schedule. 41 can short turn either at Finch, Wilson or St Clair. One time when I was doing my run (Not transit BTW) I followed the 196 routing from Finch and Keele to just East of Downsview Stn. I used Keele to St Regis to Tucan Gt to Sheppard, I saw a 41 short turn via the old 41A routing via North on Keele, East South and East on St Regis, North on Bakersfield, West and South on St Regis N then West on St Regis to go back South on Keele. Short turns are often used when the bus(es) are extremely behind schedule and the best option is to short turn somewhere along the route while others continue the whole route until they eventually get short turned.

Why isn't short turns indicated on the maps? Well although I don't have the 100% right answer but this will have to do for now. The reason is because 1) Short turns are not "regular routes" they only use it when needed. 2) It's not scheduled where as the regular routes indicated on the maps are scheduled. 3) Short turns can turn anywhere, If a 41S bus is short turning at say Sheppard and a rider looks at the map and sees alot of 41S routings then it could easily confuse the rider unless he or she actually asks the driver where will the short turn take place or look at the sign that might have some indication of the short turn location.

Short turns are IMO unscheduled, sometimes unexpected and can turn anywhere on the route where needed to get back to schedule.

There are scheduled short turns at the end of rush hour that are used by buses going out of service. For example: 60S to Weston/Signet, 36S to Weston/Arrow, 84S to Sheppard/Arrow.

There are scheduled short turns at the end of rush hour that are used by buses going out of service. For example: 60S to Weston/Signet, 36S to Weston/Arrow, 84S to Sheppard/Arrow.

I don't see it on any timetables. Maybe just for the division supervisors and drivers yes but for public nope.