GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

GO Transit's new slogan should be, "Who needs eHarmony when you have GO Transit?" on account of the fact that I met a lady friend on the Lakeshore West Line from Oakville to Hamilton GO Centre. ME!! Of all people! ME!

So, your going to be a bachelor?

i got one oif those limited edition double decker go bus models...only 3000 were made and i got 1531 froma go bus driver friend of mine...i am so excited :) do only bus drivers get them?

They were distributed to children at Family Day in the summer. Others were distributed to Drivers under the Bramalea umbrella for winning the quarter in the "Safety Challenge".

There was just a fatality west of Oakville GO Station, literally meteres away, involving a westbound VIA Train and a Pedestrian.

Oh, fatal? I wasn't aware of what happened, but I was on a train that was affected. When it left Union, we were told it was going all the way to Aldershot. Only after Clarkson did they announce that it wouldn't go any farther than Oakville. What bothers me is that 680NEWS reported the accident before the train even left Union, so I would have thought that GO Transit would have reported it earlier. I guess they just forgot to.

Oh, fatal? I wasn't aware of what happened, but I was on a train that was affected. When it left Union, we were told it was going all the way to Aldershot. Only after Clarkson did they announce that it wouldn't go any farther than Oakville. What bothers me is that 680NEWS reported the accident before the train even left Union, so I would have thought that GO Transit would have reported it earlier. I guess they just forgot to.

Heard a Burlington driver say the 11:08pm train from Aldershot was canceled and they might bring in GO buses to replace it...guess that was why. My train was probably the last one that went all the way then (it left Union at 8:43).

Coaches 2401-2411 have been delivered to Steeprock garage. There may be more, but 2411 was the highest fleet number that I spotted. I went into a couple very briefly and there were no differences that I could see.

Does that include the hybrids (2401-2402)? I thought the newest delivery wasn't expected until next year?

Coaches 2401-2411 have been delivered to Steeprock garage. There may be more, but 2411 was the highest fleet number that I spotted. I went into a couple very briefly and there were no differences that I could see.

If possible, can you check the engine inside if it's still CAT engine? Cause I've been told CAT will be stop making their on-road engine products sometimes next year due to lack of sales and emission issues.

Not sure if this the thread to put it in, but would the GO Dundas BRT begin once the Mississagua Transitway is completely built?

This particular issue has been circulating in both the Mississauga and Burlington Transit threads. From what's been gathered, Mississauga Transit will be operating pre (bus)-rapid transit on Dundas from Islington to Uptown Oakville at Trafalgar. There is still some discussion as to who would operate the other half of the route from Burlington to Oakville. I'm not sure how this would fit into GO's mandate seeing as they have the 407 corridor adjacent to Dundas. If they were going to provide essentially long-distance express service between Burlington (possibly Hamilton?) and Kipling/Islngton, then perhaps yes, but from the look of things, this may seem more like a local transit operation. The infrastructure along the corridor will simply allow for it to operate in a BRT fashion from one end to the other.

That being said, I'm not certain how the Mississauga Transitway would come into play with the Dundas Corridor unless it were to provide an alternate means of access to the respective corridors. Say a route from Burlington to Pearson. Again, this would compete or parallel GO's existing 407 West service.

I wonder if this order will lower the amount of buses ordered next year? Could allow for extra buses for further route enhancement next year.

This order also makes me curious about the future of the Prevosts (even though you, smallspy, stated they're staying until next year).

I wonder if this order will lower the amount of buses ordered next year? Could allow for extra buses for further route enhancement next year.

If this is in fact the first of the first order for next year, than presumably it will.

This order also makes me curious about the future of the Prevosts (even though you, smallspy, stated they're staying until next year).

Well, if this is the first order of two scheduled for next year, and the Prevosts are scheduled to be retired upon the delivery of the second order, why would anything change exactly?

Dan