Guelph Transit Commission

BCT-3122-D800-10240

From Transit Toronto:

On Tuesday, September 17, 1895, the Guelph Street Railway’s first electric streetcar rolled into St. George’s Square in downtown Guelph and the GSR and its successor companies have used the Square as a terminal for service ever since.

Now, nearly 117 years later, this Sunday, May 13, Guelph Transit will move its downtown terminal from St. George’s Square to the new Guelph Central Station on Carden Street in downtown Guelph.

For the first time in Guelph’s history, local, regional and national transit will be under one roof with Guelph Transit, GO and VIA RailCanada trains and GO, Greyhound Canada and other intercity buses operating out of the Guelph Central Station.

To accommodate service to and from the new terminal, both GO and Guelph Transit are rerouting all buses serving downtown Guelph.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a public board and you're posting private information. Let the commission inspect the condition of the vehicle for themselves before jumping to conclusions and posting hearsay publicly.

Shut up, and let the media do the reporting.

This is a public board and you're posting private information. Let the commission inspect the condition of the vehicle for themselves before jumping to conclusions and posting hearsay publicly.

Shut up, and let the media do the reporting.

agree with Bus_Medic, I don't mind if you put this posting on your FB(which you already did) but not here as a public board, unless you want to make us all transit enthusiasts become "un-welcomed" by Guelph Transit in the future...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Services changes started today. Route 21 has been replaced with the new route 16 Southgate and route 5 Gordon now leaves from the terminal. Routes 10 and 14 dont interline anymore and 11 and 4 dont interline anymore. Also there is a new route 56 Victoria Express which leaves from the UC. Lourdes School Special has been discontinued. Routes 50, 56, 57 and 58 will be on a 15 minute schedules and some time changes for the 2B. And for fleet news 32 is no longer used on Community Bus it is back on Mobility. 26 went through some body work tis why 32 was on. 143 currently still sits at MTB not sure what is going on with it. All 5 first gen Novas do get out but are hard to find. You have to be in the right place at the right time... & 200 and 216 are fully wrapped for H&M but wraps might come off as the store is already opened.

• 1 month later...

Looks like 2 new novas have shown up, could've sworn I saw bus #235 tonight, which would mean 234 is around too. Anyone confirm?

they just started service this morning. They are just like 225-228.... Nothing special.

Wiki states that both 234 and 235 are delivered.

They were delivered a few weeks ago. There is something else on order as well for conventional service along with a smaller cutaway on order

• 1 month later...

Still doesn't help. Is this an LFS?

Ha! Sorry i should have explained more :P i was in a rush. 233 was Ex-OC Transpo 9740 a 1997 Nova LFS. it had more problems than 229 did with its leaning. when 9740 arrived it had a lot of wiring problems a mechanic told me. There is another Arboc on order #34 and 236 is a Nova coming from MTB. not sure when it will arrive. Also forgot to add that 143 is officially retired, 146 has been parked for over a month and a half and 145 is gone

If someone can edit wiki 234's plate is 159 5BH and 235's plate is 159 6BH