2018 SkyTrain Procurement

Express691

On 2/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, thager said:

I spotted 2 cars going west out of saskatoon yesterday,  didn't get any fleet numbers , before I realized what they were they were gone.

The numbers are applied only when they arrive at the OMC, as seen in my 2016 photo below.

New SkyTrain Bombardier Mark-iii

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Not really if by truck, as the Yellowhead pass is a much easier crossing (less grade, better clearances) than down south

Add the puckering effect trying to get an oversized load stopped or started on Roger’s pass in the snow...and yeah...the Yellowhead route looks mighty appealing.

Having just delivered a vehicle over the north shore of Lake Superior today...without show tires to boot, mine was puckered enough. And that’s child’s play compared to Highway 1.

11 hours ago, popillil said:

It was over a month ago, then taken out of service for a few weeks, and has been in service every day since Tuesday so far.

Yeah I'm aware. They did have it in service by then (full-service testing I think) but pulled it out for what I heard was "computer related issues". Glad to see it back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, 8010 said:

Nothing big but according to Bombardier's website the Innovia Metro 300 has been renamed to Movia Metro.

But Movia Metro is/was their name for their heavy-rail subway product... does that mean the Innovia Metro has been discontinued?

1 hour ago, GORDOOM said:

But Movia Metro is/was their name for their heavy-rail subway product... does that mean the Innovia Metro has been discontinued?

From the looks of it they moved all of their metro products under a single brand, the Innovia Metro brand has been discontinued but the actual product is still in production.