TTC Delays and Disruptions

21 minutes ago, 81-717 said:

1605 is currently out of service at York Mills / Don Mills with multiple police/fire/EMS units present. Wonder what on Earth happened here.

Screenshot_20230727-131905_Video Player.jpg

According to the Toornto Police live calls for service website, the call was in response to an individual with a knife.

Edit: As of 1:43pm, the bus appears to have moved to Ellesmere and Birchmount.

• Sad 1

Scarborough RT to stay closed for at least 3 weeks while the investigation continues. At this point, why even restart it in late August only to shut it down in November?

Just push for the early completion of the measures needed for a more efficient shuttle service like the signal priority and dedicated lanes.

https://www.cp24.com/news/scarborough-rt-to-remain-closed-for-at-least-three-more-weeks-as-derailment-probe-continues-1.6497036

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MK78 said:

Just push for the early completion of the measures needed for a more efficient shuttle service like the signal priority and dedicated lanes.

https://www.cp24.com/news/scarborough-rt-to-remain-closed-for-at-least-three-more-weeks-as-derailment-probe-continues-1.6497036

I used my stopwatch to time the replacement bus from Scarborough Centre to Kennedy and it took around 20 minutes during rush hour. Not to mention that buses were bunching up and very crowded, and getting stuck at major intersections often.

25 minutes ago, blue.bird.fan said:

I used my stopwatch to time the replacement bus from Scarborough Centre to Kennedy and it took around 20 minutes during rush hour. Not to mention that buses were bunching up and very crowded, and getting stuck at major intersections often.

This is usually what happens when they run too many buses on a route that needs to make turns and stop at major intersections. Even with transit priority, they can't short this kind of bunching with up to 70 planned buses per hour. Buses should take multiple routes such as restoring the 131E/903 for express service between STC and Kennedy. Local line 3 buses can continue with Kennedy/Midland. Stops should move to the farside with extended green so they are less likely to be caught on red.

The next step would be rerouting some of the network as ridership patterns will change without the SRT. Some trips no long need to connect via STC. I expect the 902 to be more popular option to Centennial College to Line 2 than the line 3 bus/913. They should also connect the 54 Lawrence East to Kennedy directly with a branch. 

Looking at the TTC service advisories, they have the usual "take the GO on TTC fare":

No service between Kennedy and McCowan due to a track level investigation. Shuttle buses are running between Kennedy and McCowan.

TTC personnel will be on scene directing and assisting customers throughout the day. Customers have the option to ride GO Transit on a TTC fare at Kennedy, Milliken and Agincourt on the Stouffville line, and Scarborough and Eglinton on the Lakeshore East line.

I wonder how long this will last?

Also, it's not clear to me where you can ride GO to on the TTC fare. Union? And does this mean that the usual commuters who board GO trains at Kennedy etc. are only being charged a TTC fare, even if they are regularly charged GO's fare?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

This is usually what happens when they run too many buses on a route that needs to make turns and stop at major intersections. Even with transit priority, they can't short this kind of bunching with up to 70 planned buses per hour. Buses should take multiple routes such as restoring the 131E/903 for express service between STC and Kennedy. Local line 3 buses can continue with Kennedy/Midland. Stops should move to the farside with extended green so they are less likely to be caught on red.

Yeah there should be an express STC to Kennedy via Brimley, that way they wont be all clogging Kennedy & Midland intersections.

1 hour ago, blue.bird.fan said:

That would replicate the old 131F that ran in 2018, I think it was!

2016-17*

4 hours ago, MK78 said:

Yeah there should be an express STC to Kennedy via Brimley, that way they wont be all clogging Kennedy & Midland intersections.

We need the 903 KENNEDY-SCARBOROUGH CENTRE EXPRESS back, which disappeared since May 2020, but keep the 131 interline as is in 2020 but adjust the schedules a bit. It needs to be reinstated in the September board.

The madness never ends. When will they learn?

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: No service between Woodbine and Keele while we deal with a trespasser on the tracks.
Line 1 Yonge-University: No service between Bloor-Yonge and Union while we deal with a trespasser on the tracks.
Line 3 Scarborough: No service between Kennedy and McCowan due to a track level investigation. Shuttle buses are running between Kennedy and McCowan.

Now this? Some clown (most likely the dude who rode on top of the RT or whatever) trespassed into the tracks. How many buses will they deploy given there are like 40 buses called in the SRT shuttle? There won’t be enough buses for Lines 1, 2 and 3 shuttles due to streetcar shuttles anyway unless they call in some outside help (inserts joke about the DRT helping the TTC doing Line 3 like MT in 2000).

34 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

The madness never ends. When will they learn?

Now this? Some clown (most likely the dude who rode on top of the RT or whatever) trespassed into the tracks. How many buses will they deploy given there are like 40 buses called in the SRT shuttle? There won’t be enough buses for Lines 1, 2 and 3 shuttles due to streetcar shuttles anyway unless they call in some outside help (inserts joke about the DRT helping the TTC doing Line 3 like MT in 2000).

Toronto has become the land of the stupid. Those dummies will never learn. Ultimately it is natural selection which will deal with them.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There was an injury at Runnymede Station yesterday (September 16) causing westbound trains to terminate at Keele, and shuttle buses having to run between Keele and Islington. Starting Friday September 22, There will be a new 501 Bus Route, 501D, Running between Neville Park Loop & Church Street, 505 Dundas Streetcar will also no longer run on Queen Street between Broadview Ave & Neville Park Loop. As of Saturday September 3, 512 Is Entirely replaced with Buses until mid-2024 due to multiple construction projects taking place between St Clair Stn. & Gunns Loop causing all Buses that terminated at St. Clair West Stn to terminate above ground on the north side of St. Clair Ave 

Edited by 5242
fixed some stuff up
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I haven’t seen it noted anywhere, and it’s actually pretty hard to find on the ttc website, so I’ll post it here. since I believe last Thursday there was an emergency road closure on King at Sumach which has led to all 504 streetcars short turning at church.

501B buses are operating along King to River St. along with supplemental 504C buses. I think this will last till the end of the week- I saw reports of a sinkhole which led to this diversion 

1 hour ago, yrt1000 said:

I haven’t seen it noted anywhere, and it’s actually pretty hard to find on the ttc website, so I’ll post it here. since I believe last Thursday there was an emergency road closure on King at Sumach which has led to all 504 streetcars short turning at church.

501B buses are operating along King to River St. along with supplemental 504C buses. I think this will last till the end of the week- I saw reports of a sinkhole which led to this diversion 

The TTC has been plastering service change notices over some of its social media accounts, but yes as is typical for TTC the website information is not very clear. Despite this being an unplanned "emergency" detour, it is not listed as a Service Alert; rather, the diversions are listed on the "Streetcar Service Changes" page, grouped in with the previous round of (scheduled) changes that took effect on October 8.

Anyway, the full set of changes are as follows:

• 501B replacement buses are covering through service along King Street
  • 503 streetcars are operating eastbound via King, Church, and Queen (basically the 501B and 503 have switched streets between Church and the Don River)
  • 504 streetcars are looping via north on Church, west on Richmond, south on Victoria, east on Adelaide, and south on Church to King
  • 504 replacement buses (likely operated by RADs) are operating between Bay and the Distillery District
  • 304 night buses are not affected, since the route is being run by buses due to the closure of Broadview Station

The diversions are estimated to be in place until October 29th, or until construction is finished.

394569245_356873016729483_873919981113606061_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=y2Vn2ECNzuwAX9XH2vv&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfCC9QkNay2Bg1DYuFQux62lQojpg4MVhvHb_Fc2ZJyShQ&oe=653C3B66

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, Articulated said:

The TTC has been plastering service change notices over some of its social media accounts, but yes as is typical for TTC the website information is not very clear. Despite this being an unplanned "emergency" detour, it is not listed as a Service Alert; rather, the diversions are listed on the "Streetcar Service Changes" page, grouped in with the previous round of (scheduled) changes that took effect on October 8.

Anyway, the full set of changes are as follows:

• 501B replacement buses are covering through service along King Street
  • 503 streetcars are operating eastbound via King, Church, and Queen (basically the 501B and 503 have switched streets between Church and the Don River)
  • 504 streetcars are looping via north on Church, west on Richmond, south on Victoria, east on Adelaide, and south on Church to King
  • 504 replacement buses (likely operated by RADs) are operating between Bay and the Distillery District
  • 304 night buses are not affected, since the route is being run by buses due to the closure of Broadview Station

The diversions are estimated to be in place until October 29th, or until construction is finished.

394569245_356873016729483_873919981113606061_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=y2Vn2ECNzuwAX9XH2vv&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfCC9QkNay2Bg1DYuFQux62lQojpg4MVhvHb_Fc2ZJyShQ&oe=653C3B66

TTC is turning back all 501D streetcars westbound at Distillery and there is no service alert to alert service users. This of course should be no surprise to anyone who is even vaguely familiar with the dumb shits running the place.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be nothing on the TTC website, but westbound 501 cars are going to be short turning at Kipling for a while. A particularly ambitious oopsie at 37th and Lake Shore has left a CUV, maybe a Kia Rondo, on its roof. It's not impossible to turn a vehicle over at city speeds (as I have seen) it still takes a bit of effort. Lots of police, fire, ambulance etc on scene. Some westbound 501 seen sitting a little east of the crash site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, gtatransitfanner said:

e-Bikes in general are questionable as (most) of them are designed pretty poorly. 

I've seen a few pictures of the damage on the train. Floor is heavily damaged as is area above where fire occurred. Ebikes should be banned.