TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea what's going on with 4041? It hasn't been seen on the tracker in the last 3 days and it's reporting in the middle of Lake Ontario, which I've noticed is usually the death knell for these cars.

23 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Any idea what's going on with 4041? It hasn't been seen on the tracker in the last 3 days and it's reporting in the middle of Lake Ontario, which I've noticed is usually the death knell for these cars.

If the GPS gets lost (misreported signal, blocked by buildings, fault in the unit, etc.) then it sometimes shows up in random locations such as Lake Ontario. It doesn't mean the car is going to get retired, and many of the older streetcars go out of service for days (weeks) if they require major repairs. The new streetcars also go out of service for multiple days if they need repairs.

• Like 1

On 2016-11-06 at 8:55 AM, PCC Guy said:

4041 has been down on its luck at Russell for repairs for the past few days. 4061, though the car may appear to be alive and well, is deemed as retired. The car just recently received the external route speakers, but that was on a whim. 

The cars receiving the External Route Announcement (ERA) speakers first are the holds since they are the easiest to get first, then the regular 'good' service cars. 

• Like 1

4013 has been retired as of this past Tuesday, and 4026 has been retired as of Wednesday as well. 4227's last day of service was March 2nd, 2016. The car hasn't been officially retired yet, but the part salvage from this car doesn't look promising for its road worthy return.

4203, 19 & 21 have made their way to Leslie, waiting in queue to get called for their life extension refurbishing to begin.

Speaking of, 4230 has made it's way up to Harvey to begin its life extension refurb.

4204 has come from Harvey to Leslie to get a few final things done on the car before it head back west to Roncesvalles for its inspection prior to service. 

• Like 2

On 2016-11-17 at 1:07 PM, bus_7246 said:

4013 has been retired as of this past Tuesday, and 4026 has been retired as of Wednesday as well. 4227's last day of service was March 2nd, 2016. The car hasn't been officially retired yet, but the part salvage from this car doesn't look promising for its road worthy return.

I think I rode 4013 not that long ago, maybe a week or two at the most. Maybe on 501, 504, or 511?

4092 looks ready for retirement; the body is rusty and the linoleum has holes through to the plywood in lots of places in the back part of the car. Of course if we started a topic "CLRVs that look ready for retirement" we'd quickly include just about every one operating. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4081 & 4229 are both being used as demo cars. 4041 has been down for a while with an outstanding issue as well. 4108 has a track brake issue that has to go up to Harvey shops. 4158 has been deemed decommissioned for just over the last week. 

• Like 1

On 2016-12-15 at 1:00 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

demo cars for rebuilt?

18 hours ago, ttcbusdude said:

yup same question, I am curious too. :)

Both are refurbished cars, but the demo is for the new communications and information system for the surviving og fleet. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 0:23 PM, bus_7246 said:

4081 & 4229 are both being used as demo cars. 4041 has been down for a while with an outstanding issue as well. 4108 has a track brake issue that has to go up to Harvey shops. 4158 has been deemed decommissioned for just over the last week. 

If you can, could you elaborate on what exactly is going on with 4041? Are they planning to repair it?

1 minute ago, PCC Guy said:

If you can, could you elaborate on what exactly is going on with 4041? Are they planning to repair it?

The software that compiles the tickets for the work orders on the streetcars, doesn't display the previous history on the car when I look at the hold report. Also, since I'm not management, I readily don't have access to the histories on the cars. 

4041 will most likely see service again (the car was refurbished a few years ago). When exactly, I'm not sure. 

• Like 2

Just now, bus_7246 said:

The software that compiles the tickets for the work orders on the streetcars, doesn't display the previous history on the car when I look at the hold report. Also, since I'm not management, I readily don't have access to the histories on the cars. 

4041 will most likely see service again (the car was refurbished a few years ago). When exactly, I'm not sure. 

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest TTC service summary gives 173/196 active CLRV's and 43/52 active ALRV's. Comparing the list on the first page of this thread with the last reported locations of various cars on PocketTack, it appears CLRV #4170 and ALRV's #4223, #4227 and #4233 are the "missing" decommissioned vehicles (i.e. not included in the list on first page of the thread). Can anyone confirm?

From the current count of the roster on the first page, it appears to be updated. 4170 is up at Harvey Shops for a truck change/overhaul. 4223 is probably not seeing service again as the car has been sitting at Roncy and hasn't received parts, nor has the car lost the IKEA wrap that it was sporting this past fall. 4227 & 4233 have been part salvage cars for the surviving fleet and will not be repaired for their outstanding hold statuses. 

• Like 1

On 2017. 1. 5. at 2:56 PM, PCC Guy said:

PocketTrack is reporting 4041, 4081, and 4108 in service, on 504 and 501 (x2) respectively. Can anyone confirm?

No idea about yesterday, but at least 4041 is on 504, 4081 on 512 and, 4108 on 514 right now.

EDIT I was at downtown in hour ago. Eventually I spot 4041 on 504.

• Like 1

4088 was just able to see a bit of 2017 before her untimely end on revenue service. She was cut yesterday. There a list of a handful of cars that were to be cut prior to 4088, but there were other outlying circumstances that superseded the handful.

4159 has also sadly taken a hit from the decommissioning axe today (I just heard about it from a foreperson). 

• Like 1