TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

Thanks for the updates. What exactly do the body overhauls mean for the future of these cars? Can we expect some of these to be around until the final retirement of the CLRVs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On that note, 4234 and 4206 have been decomm'd. 4200 is in LEP now.

Is there any reason they're junking these cars, what with with the supplier issues with Bombardier? Are they too far gone to be repaired?

Is there any reason they're junking these cars, what with with the supplier issues with Bombardier? Are they too far gone to be repaired?

The TTC announced in June that they would rebuild 30 of the 52 ALRVs and possibly another 10 if they can get the funding but the remaining 12 cars would be retired, stripped for parts, then scrapped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The TTC announced in June that they would rebuild 30 of the 52 ALRVs and possibly another 10 if they can get the funding but the remaining 12 cars would be retired, stripped for parts, then scrapped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I see, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the investigation regarding the 3 ALRV's that crashed on queen is complete? Does the transportation safety board investigate these types of incidents?

no. Not in active investigation list and TSB don't seem to have a light rail investigation remit. Even if they did, it would likely not be engaged since TTC isn't federally regulated. An O-Train incident likely would since the rail line it runs on is a heavy rail one and federally regulated trains do run on it occasionally.

ttc takes each accident seriously. Disciplinary action will be dished out if an operator is found at fault. Each day at least one TTC will involve in an accident. That streetcar accident frankly relatively minor compare to the other ones I witness.

I think the issue is whether TTC is self-regulating or whether they have further oversight as federally regulated transport does.

• 1 month later...

4225 should also be in for refurbishment too (I haven't been inside Harvey for a long while). 4234 was getting loaded onto a flatbed truck this morning in two pieces (September 2015 collision victim caused by 4211). 4118 is still active too. 4107 as of late November joined the retired list from a streetcar-to-streetcar collision hit from 4101.